Chanel Lambskin Flap Repair. Please HELP!

ModaQueen

Mar 10, 2009
I just got my Medium Beige Chanel back from cleaning. I did it through Neiman Marcus and they said they send it to Chanel. It took about 8 weeks to get it back and they totally ruined my bag! It looks like my whole bag has been re-painted. I can even see the cracks were there are wrinkles and the leather feels like plastic now. The lady who worked there today was not familiar with the repair process and I have to wait until tomorrow. I already paid $290 and took the bag with me because she processed the payment before I saw the bag. She said it's ok since she saw that it doesn't look right and said I can just bring the bag tomorrow for another associate to take a look at it. Moreover, in the instruction sheet, I clearly stated that I wanted "cleaning", not "redying". I'm totally horrified and don't know what to do...it's a 3k bag and I don't want to buy a new one just because they made it look ugly. I don't even know how they handle these issues :thinking:
I'm sure they are not going to give me a new bag, but there is no way to fix this one now...
Did anyone else have the same experience with Chanel? Any advices?

I'm going to the store tomorrow to see what they can do. First, they will need to prove that it was "repaired" by Chanel. I have a copy of the instructions on the Neiman's repair form, and I clearly wrote "cleaning" and I even circled it. Then I wrote where I had a tiny pen mark and then I wrote "clean outside". I didn't ask to "re-paint" it. The sales associate said that they do a great job, but unfortunately they totally ruined my bag. Moreover, Chanel no longer makes this flap in this darker beige color (I bought it in '07 or '08). Ughhhh....I'm really angry and upset...I don't even what to expect tomorrow and have no idea what they are going to do about it. But I'll post an update tomorrow.

Oh my, I am so sorry. It seems like Neiman Marcus is not sending the purses to Chanel and are using an outside company (or Chanel has become really crappy w/ their repair service.) I hope that they can find a resolution for you.

Hi Modaqueen...it sounds like you are in a similar situation as i am. for me, my bag was also sent to NM but long story short, my bag came back not repaired and more damaged than before. I've been dealing with the situation for a while. I hope yours get resolved. Mine is a bit more complicated because my bag dates back to 2007 - 2008 too and I wasn't the person that bought it directly at NM however my bag is Neiman Marcus exclusive and therefore only they would have carried it. For me, I already directed my concerns to corporate. Please let me know how they are dealing with your situation. I know you mentioned your bag is beige, mine is too! Mine is a patent blush beige color...I hope all goes well for you!

***HUGSS*** if you need any info on how to reach corporate, let me know. just pm me. i managed to reach the executive. hes really nice but unfortunately, i still got a call from the manager i worked with previously who is not so nice.

Last edited:
Hi Modaqueen...it sounds like you are in a similar situation as i am. for me, my bag was also sent to NM but long story short, my bag came back not repaired and more damaged than before. I've been dealing with the situation for a while. I hope yours get resolved. Mine is a bit more complicated because my bag dates back to 2007 - 2008 too and I wasn't the person that bought it directly at NM however my bag is Neiman Marcus exclusive and therefore only they would have carried it. For me, I already directed my concerns to corporate. Please let me know how they are dealing with your situation. I know you mentioned your bag is beige, mine is too! Mine is a patent blush beige color...I hope all goes well for you!

***HUGSS*** if you need any info on how to reach corporate, let me know. just pm me. i managed to reach the executive. hes really nice but unfortunately, i still got a call from the manager i worked with previously who is not so nice.

I found your thread and it seems like you got some legal advices too :smile: Mine is from '07 and it's 2.55 medium classic in lambskin, which now feels like plactic. I will post some pics later to show what they did to it. Today I'll ask them to provide me with a copy of the Chanel's checklist and what exactly they were doing with my bag. Neimans is still responsible because it's their name on top of the repair slip. So, we'll see...

I found your thread and it seems like you got some legal advices too :smile: Mine is from '07 and it's 2.55 medium classic in lambskin, which now feels like plactic. I will post some pics later to show what they did to it. Today I'll ask them to provide me with a copy of the Chanel's checklist and what exactly they were doing with my bag. Neimans is still responsible because it's their name on top of the repair slip. So, we'll see...

Sounds like you are on the right track! Don't give up! Don't settle for less than what you deserve! Let me know how it goes for you!

Wow I'm so sorry to hear this, I hope it gets resolved for you asap! :hugs:
I've just sent one of my reissues to be repaired (well actually having the chains and clasp replaced) but I also asked for the leather to be looked at as it seems alittle faded in places, now I'm worried what might happen if they redye it. :sweatdrop:

Ok, here's an update:
I went to NM today and the manager refunded me $300 I paid for the repair. She said it WAS sent to Chanel, but because they first send it to Chanel in Miami and from there it goes to France, there was nothing she could do today. Tomorrow she will call a guy who deals with repairs and he's the one who will have to get a paper from Miami to prove it was done by Chanel. I told her to keep the bag for now because I don't even want to see it and she can take pics and send it where ever she wants to find out what in the world they were thinking when they painted my lovely bag. The worst part is that I only used the bag 3-4 times and it was in great condition. The leather got a little bit darker due to normal wear and I just wanted them to clean the leather! I wish never sent it to them...I'm in tears... I don't even know what to expect now, but I feel like this will take FOREVER! I have a friend who is a lawyer, but I can't even talk to him right now because I don't know who to blame...

Go pick up & cuddle your adorable doggie
in your avatar
As disheartening as this is, ultimately it
will work out
Bottom line is they destroyed your bag &
should make it right
What type (if any) legal disclaimer terminology
is in your receipt they gave you when you
handed them your bag?
Does it state that you assume risk, blah?