Chanel jumbo vs maxi advice needed

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am going to wait for the jumbo since it is the bag I've been dreaming about for a long time. I think I just got a little nervous that I won't find the jumbo (based on what the SA was saying) and that the maxi may be the closest thing and will sell out soon. Then second guessing kick in. Haha
Please do not allow any SA to deceive you into believing that a jumbo black classic flap in caviar leather with GHW will be selling out anytime soon. This is simply not true. Please feel free to send me a private message if you are in the US and seeking to purchase a brand-new jumbo black classic flap. I have a few resources that I can share with you and am fairly confident can sell you this handbag as soon as you are ready. :flowers:

Please do not allow any SA to deceive you into believing that a jumbo black classic flap in caviar leather with GHW will be selling out anytime soon. This is simply not true. Please feel free to send me a private message if you are in the US and seeking to purchase a brand-new jumbo black classic flap. I have a few resources that I can share with you and am fairly confident can sell you this handbag as soon as you are ready. :flowers:
Thank you but unfortunately I'm in Canada. The SA said that they never know when they will get the jumbo bags and when they do they can't even hold them for one hour. First come, first serve. I was annoyed to say the least. I've been a loyal client for years and i told her that I'm not going to chase them to spend this much money at their store. They should have the courtesy to notify me when it comes in. Especially since I live an hour away from my nearest store. She said that's their new rule because they used to hold bags and had a wait list but clients didn't show up and clients who came to the store missed out. Which I kind of can understand. I'm sure I will find a jumbo soon and I will not let my lack of patience steer me in the wrong direction

I live in Vancouver, and I also feel it is not easy to get the thing you like. But I got the jumbo when I walk in the store randomly that day, I did not realize you have to be on a waiting list to get it. If you still want black, just try visit the store more frequently, I think for that amount of money, it is better to get the thing you want rather than seeking alternative.

jumbo suits better.

i think you can tell the SA to inform you if the jumbo black arrived, not to specifically hold for you, just in case you're near the store and can grab it fast.

+ 1 for Jumbo. I think the Maxi looks disproportionally big on you. I personally have a jumbo and found it just to be the perfect size!

Do not settle for anything less than bliss :smile: Your dream bag's always worth the wait.

Thank you but unfortunately I'm in Canada. The SA said that they never know when they will get the jumbo bags and when they do they can't even hold them for one hour. First come, first serve. I was annoyed to say the least. I've been a loyal client for years and i told her that I'm not going to chase them to spend this much money at their store. They should have the courtesy to notify me when it comes in. Especially since I live an hour away from my nearest store. She said that's their new rule because they used to hold bags and had a wait list but clients didn't show up and clients who came to the store missed out. Which I kind of can understand. I'm sure I will find a jumbo soon and I will not let my lack of patience steer me in the wrong direction
Yes, definitely wait for what you really want. I was at the boutique 3weeks ago (Toronto) and they have 3 jumbo Black and light baige but I chose so black m/l instead.

Go for the jumbo. Is expensive bag and you need to feel in love with it. If you get the maxi probably you will regret later, my 3 sister inlaw get maxi but rarely use it because the weight.

Get whichever one you really want. Either one looks nice on you, Maxi is really not that large of a purse when comparing to a tote or something, but it's personal preference. Since you had a chance to take home the Maxi and didn't, it looks like Jumbo is what you really want. If it's meant to be it will work out. But at that price I would not buy a bag that wasn't what I really wanted, I would wait until it worked out for me to buy what I really wanted.

Hi, I had my heart set on a Chanel jumbo black bag in caviar with gold hardware. I was at the Chanel boutique today and of course they didn't have them in stock. But they had it in the maxi size. I took pics with the jumbo (in pink since that's all they had) and the maxi. I love the strap length of the maxi but I feel that the size is too big for me and I should wait for the jumbo. What do you think?
Hi! Chanel Jumbo looks very good on you, have you bought it? I have the same problem with you, I don't know how to choose between Jumbo and Maxi, can I ask some advice here? Thanks a lot before ^^

Attachments

• chanel comparison.jpg
    chanel comparison.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 672