Is this a defect, is this normal for this Chanel item?

Hi, I just purchased my first Chanel jumbo double flap preloved online and was surprised at how severe the slope across the top is, is this normal and is there any way to fix it?

C8CF127B-6DFB-4199-93DE-247134BB739C.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
For some reason I can‘t see the pics. Don’t lose hope. I have sold a lot of bags including Chanel on eBay as well as tradesy in the past. It’s not that hard to sell a classic style Chanel. If you sell it yourself you may break even but it will likely take more time. During the pandemic I’ve had four bags listed (A Chanel, an LV, a Chloé and a D&G) and the only bag that has sold is the Chanel. My prices are fair but not low so I know it will take time given the pandemic, but they will sell. If you don’t need the money ASAP, try to be patient and sell it yourself. Good luck to you!

I once bought an old style BV bag from the Luxury Closet (based in Dubai) because it seemed like a good deal. When I received it, I was underwhelmed and wanted to return it. I did not end up returning it because they were giving me the run around about return shipping...I wanted to send it back the cheapest way possible,but they had all sorts of issues with that. Anyway, that’s another story and lesson learned for me. Never buy anything from another country. I eventually sold it through tradesy(when they had better seller terms than they do currently) and did not lose any money. I think you’ve got to write a detailed description and take your own pics, good Pics from all angles.

Good luck to you!
Thank you for all your thoughts on this. Appreciate it. It is very helpful. Hope to sell it with just a slight loss.

I am stalking a wallet on Fashionphile which will soon be marked down. But their return policy seems unfair:

"We will gladly accept eligible returns within thirty (30) days of the purchase date. Please see our full return policy details below. Item(s) must be postmarked within thirty (30) days of the purchase date. If the return does not meet that requirement, the item will not be eligible for a refund."

Returns are accepted within 30 days of the purchase date? So if it takes two weeks after the purchase date for a buyer to receive it, you are already 2 weeks into the return policy eligibility time? Am I understanding this correctly?
That's a good question. I'm not sure how that works. I will need to confirm it with them.

How old is the bag and can you return and refund?
It’s 2012 I think (the number starts with 16) and I bought it from an online consignment with a no refund policy. it looked to be in great shape in the pictures, I asked for extra pictures but the the only pic of the top was straight on and I feel not so smart now but I thought it was just light glare. It was supposed to be 9.5 out of 10 condition.

33D7FDB5-62D4-4AA3-8217-0650A95DA198.jpeg

For some reason I can‘t see the pics. Don’t lose hope. I have sold a lot of bags including Chanel on eBay as well as tradesy in the past. It’s not that hard to sell a classic style Chanel. If you sell it yourself you may break even but it will likely take more time. During the pandemic I’ve had four bags listed (A Chanel, an LV, a Chloé and a D&G) and the only bag that has sold is the Chanel. My prices are fair but not low so I know it will take time given the pandemic, but they will sell. If you don’t need the money ASAP, try to be patient and sell it yourself. Good luck to you!

I once bought an old style BV bag from the Luxury Closet (based in Dubai) because it seemed like a good deal. When I received it, I was underwhelmed and wanted to return it. I did not end up returning it because they were giving me the run around about return shipping...I wanted to send it back the cheapest way possible,but they had all sorts of issues with that. Anyway, that’s another story and lesson learned for me. Never buy anything from another country. I eventually sold it through tradesy(when they had better seller terms than they do currently) and did not lose any money. I think you’ve got to write a detailed description and take your own pics, good Pics from all angles.

Good luck to you!
I can’t see the pictures either.

None of the side without it being open. The rest of the pics leave out the top part. After the fact I feel like I should have known to ask but I had no idea that the flaps could even bend like that!