Chanel jumbo top slopes, normal?

JenLuvsCats

Aug 31, 2018
Hi, I just purchased my first Chanel jumbo double flap preloved online and was surprised at how severe the slope across the top is, is this normal and is there any way to fix it?

C8CF127B-6DFB-4199-93DE-247134BB739C.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

JenLuvsCats

Aug 31, 2018
I just realized that the slope is actually a long crease at the zipper inside. I wish it had been pointed out in the description before I bought it.
EACA452F-BBB7-4D5C-BB82-9F18E174E977.jpeg

JenLuvsCats

Aug 31, 2018
How old is the bag and can you return and refund?
It’s 2012 I think (the number starts with 16) and I bought it from an online consignment with a no refund policy. it looked to be in great shape in the pictures, I asked for extra pictures but the the only pic of the top was straight on and I feel not so smart now but I thought it was just light glare. It was supposed to be 9.5 out of 10 condition.

33D7FDB5-62D4-4AA3-8217-0650A95DA198.jpeg

lovieluvslux

That bag is fine!
Oct 17, 2010
Oh gosh. I see how that can fools someone. Did you get any side shots of the bag?

JenLuvsCats

Aug 31, 2018
None of the side without it being open. The rest of the pics leave out the top part. After the fact I feel like I should have known to ask but I had no idea that the flaps could even bend like that!

Mnjenness

Dec 11, 2019
None of the side without it being open. The rest of the pics leave out the top part. After the fact I feel like I should have known to ask but I had no idea that the flaps could even bend like that!
I'm so sorry you are going through this. Do you mind uploading all the pics that were sent? From what you described it feels like the seller were trying to hide this from you. A bend on the front flap is a big deal. It cause when you wear the bag and constantly rest your arm on it too. I'm ready sorry.

JenLuvsCats

Aug 31, 2018
I'm so sorry you are going through this. Do you mind uploading all the pics that were sent? From what you described it feels like the seller were trying to hide this from you. A bend on the front flap is a big deal. It cause when you wear the bag and constantly rest your arm on it too. I'm ready sorry.
9CAE8F92-4212-4A09-904A-515522D6CD75.jpeg BB9D8F3B-B4E6-4103-BC50-EAA83F418C19.jpeg 00AA6BE7-AAF5-4A9B-9A74-399360AB7B2D.jpeg 345404F8-2263-40C9-B0FA-4566E0A7607D.jpeg B9ED8A85-CFCE-4C6C-BEFE-8C26A58B3F55.jpeg 507D9641-829E-4B7A-9053-96B8022C0BFC.jpeg 7E8DDBC5-1447-480F-8B70-7CE6A4B93DC8.jpeg 366B22D7-BB0C-4150-ADE8-A17E876583A4.jpeg

Mnjenness

Dec 11, 2019
Hmmmm....I wanted to see if they cropped out at part of the picture but it doesn't look like it. Have you contact them and inquire about the dent? Perhaps they will allow you to do an exchange? I would politely said that the crease was not in the description and wasn't clearly visible on the front picture. Can they make an exception on return?

The bag over all looks like it is in good condition tho. Maybe contact the leather surgeon see if they can fix it?

JenLuvsCats

Aug 31, 2018
Hmmmm....I wanted to see if they cropped out at part of the picture but it doesn't look like it. Have you contact them and inquire about the dent? Perhaps they will allow you to do an exchange? I would politely said that the crease was not in the description and wasn't clearly visible on the front picture. Can they make an exception on return?

The bag over all looks like it is in good condition tho. Maybe contact the leather surgeon see if they can fix it?
I did contact the leather surgeon and they seem to think the stays need to be replaced. (I learned something else new, that they have stays) Has anyone used the Leather Surgeons from outside the United States? Are there any extra hassles? I’m in Canada and will probably go this route if I’m unable reach a solution with the seller.

Mnjenness

Dec 11, 2019
I did contact the leather surgeon and they seem to think the stays need to be replaced. (I learned something else new, that they have stays) Has anyone used the Leather Surgeons from outside the United States? Are there any extra hassles? I’m in Canada and will probably go this route if I’m unable reach a solution with the seller.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Chanel Jumbo has stays (I'm referring to the metal wire use within the bag to prop up the shape of the bag. They could be referring to some different kind that I'm no aware of). From what I know the structure of the bag is from the leather and the stitching and that's why double flaps hold it shape better than single. Make sure you do throughout research before sending it in. Ask exactly what is going to be done before agree to anything. Also ask what the improvement you should expect because it won't be 100%.
It's an expensive item and while the crease is annoying it isn't "as noticable" especially when you wear it on your shoulder. I would try to wear the bag first and see how much it bother you before take drastic step. I would hate to see you spend more money and not get a satisfied result or make the issues worst.
Hopefully tho the seller will work with you and all these will be moot points. Keep us updated!

Mnjenness

Dec 11, 2019
Oh...I also thought of something you can try to help flat out the crease. Maybe you can get those really really thin cutting board (here in the us we can get them at dollar store) cut to size and put it between the two flap and close the lock. This will act as mold. Then maybe steam the area to help. Look up chase aime on you tube. She did a video where she steam her chanel bag to help with the wrinkle.
**Disclosure** I have never done this on my bag so proceed with caution. Just remember the video and thought I would mention it