Chanel Jumbo Flap in Caviar

izaku0608

O.G.
Jan 14, 2010
Hi everyone,

I've had my eyes on the jumbo flap in silver hardware for a long time now, and I am also on the waiting list of the bag.. problem is, i'm 5'4" weighing about 97 lbs..would the bag be too big on me? HELPPP!!:confused1:

I'm 5'2" and did try it on IRL and it's def too big for me. Unless you are going to use it as an everyday or daytime bag it should be ok. Try search in Chanel in action thread. There're tons of jumbo mod pics there. GL ;)

Where I live, there are a good six or more black jumbo flaps in caviar leather with shw.. Why are you on the waiting list? and I tried on the jumbo and it looked amazing, but I am 5'6".

I'm located in Vancouver..There are two Chanel boutiques here and both are very small with limited designs of bags :sad: they have a jumbo flap in gold chain available ..but I like the silver one more. I am planning to use it as an everyday bag.. but if it doesn't look good on me I don't plan on buying it :sad: what do you guys use it for if not an everyday? I was planning to get a bigger size because the medium flaps don't look as if they could carry much...

I'm about the same size as you 5'4'' 99 pounds...Personally I think the Jumbo is too big for me...I prefer the M/L size... and it fits my stuff plenty...whatever fits your lifestyle I suppose...

I'm located in Vancouver..There are two Chanel boutiques here and both are very small with limited designs of bags :sad: they have a jumbo flap in gold chain available ..but I like the silver one more. I am planning to use it as an everyday bag.. but if it doesn't look good on me I don't plan on buying it :sad: what do you guys use it for if not an everyday? I was planning to get a bigger size because the medium flaps don't look as if they could carry much...

Yeah I agree, I like the medium flap but I am definitely getting a Jumbo before that. It is surprising how little medium flaps carry, but they are really beautiful bags. As for the jumbo, it is a perfect bag for everything! Going out, walking out and about every day, and traveling. It holds a nice amount, and looks fantastic on. If you want a black jumbo w/ shw, let me know- the stores near me have a ton of them.. I don't know if they still have it, but I saw a beige jumbo in shw as well. :smile: Good luck choosing.

I am 5'2 110 pounds and I have a few jumbos! I used to have a M/L but its gone to another home now. I don't find the jumbo too big since it fits all my everyday stuff! The proportions of the M/L are better for evening but imo its too small for everyday. It really depends on your lifestyle but both bags are gorgeous so you can't go wrong! :smile:

I'm 5'2 and 100 lbs, I don't find jumbo too big for me. It's just the perfect size/ Personally, I can carry/wear it with anything. You can use it day to night, as long as you're comfortable with it.

I am 5'2 and NOT a big bag gal, but I went for the jumbo due to its more practical size (as an day bag) and it looks fine on me. After all, its overall size is not too overwhelming. Smaller than say, any good-sized tote, so I think most ladies of average height/build should have no problem pulling it off.

OP, I sold my Jumbo a few months ago because it was HEAVY...it looked fine sizewise especially as a day bag. But for your frame, you might find it a tad heavy, especially after your things are in it.

M/ L would look awesome on you!