Chanel Jumbo Flap as a work bag?

Jun 6, 2010
This question may have been asked before, and if that's the case, please let me know!

But basically...anyone that has the Chanel jumbo flap, do you use it to bring to work? I generally carry my lunch with me, so I probably have to bring a separate bag for that... But do you find it carries your essentials? And what about the workplace? Do you think it would be wildly inappropriate? I work in an office setting, and I don't face any customers, but I do take public transit to work....

I bring my white jumbo to work during summer and black GST during winter. I don't think it's inappropriate. It's just a handbag, if you don't use it, what are you going to do with it? Jumbo is prefect size to fit all my stuff to work like cosmetic bag, sunglesses, wallet, iphone, key pouch and ipad. Sometime I even put my umbrella in it. Just enjoy your jumbo!!! ;)

For work I think it depends on your corporate culture. I try not to wear highly recognizable designer purses (Chanel,LV) to work as it would be talked about. I do not see any of the female managers bringing high end, so I follow suit. Honestly I get the feeling they would think I a)waste my money or b)make too much money, either thought is not good for my future of being promoted.

If you feel others will not notice or care, then go ahead! That's great! Just be careful on the public transit.

I bring my white jumbo to work during summer and black GST during winter. I don't think it's inappropriate. It's just a handbag, if you don't use it, what are you going to do with it? Jumbo is prefect size to fit all my stuff to work like cosmetic bag, sunglesses, wallet, iphone, key pouch and ipad. Sometime I even put my umbrella in it. Just enjoy your jumbo!!! ;)

Thank you all for your responses! All good advice! :smile: Can a jumbo really fit an ipad?!?! Full size, or the mini?

Thank you all for your responses! All good advice! :smile: Can a jumbo really fit an ipad?!?! Full size, or the mini?

Haha, :biggrin: Forgot to mention that mine was single flap jumbo which can fit both ipad or ipad mini. I believed the new jumbo double flap doesn't fit full size ipad. :lol: I think you can get a ipad mini for your jumbo.

I loved carrying my single flap jumbo to work! It fit my iPad, all my stuff, and even a magazine on occasion. I dont work in an office anymore, but I definitely would not be able to carry my new double flap jumbo if I did...not enough room for me personally.

this is a great post because every morning I'm torn between the same thought. I agree with Nico_79 though, it might create a distraction or assumptions about how much you make, how you spend, and what your priorities are etc. Unfortunately, that's how some people can be.

Maybe next week I'll do a pilot and see how it goes. Hopefully nothing happens to your bag on public transit - but as wien said "enjoy your jumbo"! :smile:

Haha, :biggrin: Forgot to mention that mine was single flap jumbo which can fit both ipad or ipad mini. I believed the new jumbo double flap doesn't fit full size ipad. :lol: I think you can get a ipad mini for your jumbo.

Aww, I figured! You got my hopes up for a minute there! I plan to get a jumbo later this year and since only double flaps are available now, that's what it'll be... And my iPad is full size! Oh well....

I work in a fairly young office in New York City and I carry my Jumbo to work all the time. Majority of my female colleagues carry designer bags as well (Chanel, LV, Chloe), so it's totally fine. I'd also like to point out I don't work in fashion- we just all enjoy being the right amount of fabulous during the workday 😀

It depends on your work environment and how comfortable you are with the reactions. Chanel is a beautiful bag and most people know Chanel. For me personally it's not really office appropriate since I would be the only one with the bag =P And I hate people touching my bag and making comments about the price.

cmontoya1989 said:
this is a great post because every morning I'm torn between the same thought. I agree with Nico_79 though, it might create a distraction or assumptions about how much you make, how you spend, and what your priorities are etc. Unfortunately, that's how some people can be.

Maybe next week I'll do a pilot and see how it goes. Hopefully nothing happens to your bag on public transit - but as wien said "enjoy your jumbo"! :smile:

I work with mostly guys and the women arent really much into fashion, well let's say they are not into fashion stuff at all, so people don't even recognize my bags lol.

I work in a fairly young office in New York City and I carry my Jumbo to work all the time. Majority of my female colleagues carry designer bags as well (Chanel, LV, Chloe), so it's totally fine. I'd also like to point out I don't work in fashion- we just all enjoy being the right amount of fabulous during the workday 😀

What a super answer! It's great that you infuse every day with awesome fabulosity (my word)!