Chanel Jumbo Brown Caviar 2002-2003 vs new Jumbo classic in burgundy

Crocodiva

Jun 24, 2013
Ladies I need you help!

I am trying to decide on a Brown Caviar Jumbo Classic with GHW and date code beginning with 7 so about 2002-2003 in great condtion. The cost they are quoting me is
3750 no tax. It is a single flap as it is older.

vs

Brand New Chanel Jumbo in Burgundy in SHW. With points through one of the department stores I can almost get 800 off the current price of 5500 but still need to pay tax. I love the eggplantish color

Questions

1. Which one should I buy and Why?

2. Is the preowned bag too much for its age?

I would love to hear back from all you lovely ladies asap as I will need to decide on the brown bag within the next few days.

Thanks

As much as I like brown, I love burgundy, and IMHO when you can take advantage of an $800 credit for a new bag I say GO FOR THE BURGUNDY! I think you'll be able to find newer pre-loved brown bags in excellent condition for considerably less than $3750.

Brown has its ebbs and flows in popularity, burgundy is always beautiful. If I were in your shoes, I wouldn't hesitate to get the new burgundy bag with that credit. We're talking about a $950 (minus tax) price difference between a new bag vs. a twelve year old one. There is more value to be had here in the new bag. It's up to you.

I recently bought the burgundy and I adore it so much! The colour changes with the light and is a very versatile colour to wear. Good luck with your choice!