Chanel Jumbo Brown Caviar 2002-2003 vs new Jumbo classic in burgundy

Crocodiva

Jun 24, 2013
Ladies I need you help!

I am trying to decide on a Brown Caviar Jumbo Classic with GHW and date code beginning with 7 so about 2002-2003 in great condtion. The cost they are quoting me is
3750 no tax. It is a single flap as it is older.

vs

Brand New Chanel Jumbo in Burgundy in SHW. With points through one of the department stores I can almost get 800 off the current price of 5500 but still need to pay tax. I love the eggplantish color

Questions

1. Which one should I buy and Why?

2. Is the preowned bag too much for its age?

I would love to hear back from all you lovely ladies asap as I will need to decide on the brown bag within the next few days.

Thanks

LOVERofCHANEL

May 31, 2012
Do you have pictures? It really depends on the color. Personally, I would pay more to buy the brand new one, but that's just me.

rose60610

O.G.
Mar 8, 2011
Chicago
As much as I like brown, I love burgundy, and IMHO when you can take advantage of an $800 credit for a new bag I say GO FOR THE BURGUNDY! I think you'll be able to find newer pre-loved brown bags in excellent condition for considerably less than $3750.

Brown has its ebbs and flows in popularity, burgundy is always beautiful. If I were in your shoes, I wouldn't hesitate to get the new burgundy bag with that credit. We're talking about a $950 (minus tax) price difference between a new bag vs. a twelve year old one. There is more value to be had here in the new bag. It's up to you.

Crocodiva

Jun 24, 2013
Thank you all so much! It seems like it is a unanimous yes for the burgundy one thus far.
You have helped me and I will keep you posted...

azngal

O.G.
Jun 12, 2010
Which department store? I've been waiting for triple points at Bloomongdales to pull the trigger and buy the Chanel classic jumbo flap.

tm3

Dec 11, 2013
I recently bought the burgundy and I adore it so much! The colour changes with the light and is a very versatile colour to wear. Good luck with your choice!