Chanel judges their shoppers through appearances? Fact or Fiction?

Chanel judges their shoppers through appearances? Fact or Fiction?

• Fact, this is soo true!

• Fiction, nooo, this is not true at all!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think this happens in HK IMO, not only Chanel, but many other designer shops. That's why I don't feel comfortable shopping in these shops in HK if I don't carry a nice bag.

Since I am an oriental, whenever I shop in London or other parts in Europe, the SAs might think that I am a tourist if I wear casual clothing. Therefore, they don't judge me by what I wear.

Here in Paris all the SA's I met were very friendly and helpful !!!
(And I'm not wearing Chanel items from head to toes)

Except one in Cambon who wasn't very sympathetic at first, but another SA (or maybe the manager) told her how to work better ;)

IMO, unfortuntely, it is true. The first time I went into Saks NYC I was greeted immediately and helped by a friendly SA. The same day, I went to Bloomies NYC and the SA's in Chanel did not even look at me. There was not even another customer in the boutique. I mentioned something to my friend and she said they were looking for a specific type of shopper. Come on, at least acknowledge my presence. Moral of the story- I buy all of my bags from my SA at SAKS.....

I don't know about Chanel, but in all LV stores I've ver been to I've been treated in the best possible way . If all Sas a busy I just wait and browse.

However I know that sometimes some places girls are judged harsher than boys.

I think it really depends.. when I walk in alone I suppose they do assume I'm not going to get anything cuz I look like a kid plus normally I dress down when shopping - ie, flip flops, tshirt, no makeup. You can really feel them sizing you up =p but I've never had any problem with them, in HK, Macau, nor Singapore, whether with my parents or with friends.

I really think it's how you let them treat you, after all like what someone said, you're a customer (potential) or what, and they make your commission.

having said that, haha, wearing a school uniform (ah the good old days) is instant trigger for SAs, whether chanel or ANY brand, to give you the ****test service ever :P

I have never felt judged at any Chanel I've been in.
I'm not paranoid really by character, so if I'm not immediately jumped on with a greeting, I don't automatically assume it's because of my clothing choice that day.
I am notoriously casual; Banana Republic, GAP, Ann Taylor Loft, J.Crew, etc. . . and have never dressed up to shop at LV, Chanel, etc. . .
I think there's an SA in every store, including the clothing ones I named that size people up when they walk in.

I agree that it really depends on the SA more than the shop, and the manager sets the tone. At the Saks here you can almost take a Chanel bag out the front door before someone will ask if they can help you, but it's the only boutique around and I like to see the bags IRL before I purchase.
But there's a new SA here now, and she actually knows the names of some of the bags and asked if she could help me. I was floored.

I agree that it's all up to the SA. I never have a problem at LV in Atlanta and the SA for Chanel at Neimans is always nice. But the other SA's at Neimans can be quite snobby. Strange...I thought I was the one in here spending the big money and it's their job to...well...do their job. I'm polite to them so I expect the same. If they are not helpful...I tell them nicely...thank you but I think I'll go to Saks...their customer service seems to be better.

I have never had a problem. Not to be arrogant, but I make sure if I am not shopping in my usual stores that they know that I am serious buyer and my cash is just as green as the next person dressed to the 9's. I hate sounding like a snob, but I am buying in the store you are working at-so unless you own the place, don't give me an attitude or try to make me feel inferior. As customers we are paying their salaries.

i think so, i'm fairly young (19) and i walk into the saks chanel boutique (or just saks) and cannot get anyone to pay attention to me. i think i'm presentable and i'm wearing a designer bag and jeans but i get nothing. this frusterates me to no end.

def fiction....

they don;t judge ur appearance and decides to sell or not, but to serve or not :P

my friend is soooo trashy, he wore like thong sandals, ugly worn old tee and jeans, and his father asked him to buy some LV bags for his aunts overseas.
the SA's doesn't bother him AT ALL.
the security even following his every move in the store.

but he doesn't care and give her the list of the bags he would like to buy, it got about 10 bags in the list and each are over 1000$ worth of bag.
the SA asked for his CC and even checked on the phone to make sure that it's his CC, once she knew it was an UNLIMITED cc's, she turns to be extra nice and give him teh best service. WTF

like everyone else has stated, it depends. at boston LV i've been ignored several times. at amsterdam chanel i was asked if i needed any help, but they wouldn't let me touch any of the bags (is this normal? lol). quote]

Not normal here. I had my hands all over several bags and I was trying them on.