Chanel J12

I am in love with the white J12 watches. I want one sooooo badly. I am just trying to convince my DH that I need it :graucho: For me, the price is well worth it because I am in love with it and know that I would wear it daily.

I am in love with the white J12 watches. I want one sooooo badly. I am just trying to convince my DH that I need it :graucho: For me, the price is well worth it because I am in love with it and know that I would wear it daily.

I am totally in the same boat!!! My DH thinks its a little ridiculous to spend that much money on a watch so I'm still trying to convince him! I'm sure I can convince him but I just want to be sure it's worth it! I too know that I would make good use of it and wear it all the time!!!!

Do you know exactly which one you want? At first I was certain I wanted the white but then I saw the plain black one in person and its absolutely gorgeous (I love black watches too!) but after giving it some careful thought and looking at tons and tons of pictures, I'm sure that I would be happiest with the white! :biggrin: now I just have to decide between the 33 and 38mm!!!

I have been seriously thinking about the same watch. For me, I am drooling and obsessing over the J12, 29mm with diamond bezel and diamonds on the numbers. If I were to get it I would pick the white. For me its cleaner looking, would be great in the summer, goes with more of my clothes, and it does look like me.

I've been reading a number of threads on the jewelry board about this watch. The discussions go back and forth on which color, what style, and and what size. One of the things I would keep in mind is that Chanel has been producing this watch for 10 years now. Tell your husband its a classic. :biggrin: You can wear it daily or for dressy.

I hope you get it! If you do, do a great reveal.

I am totally in the same boat!!! My DH thinks its a little ridiculous to spend that much money on a watch so I'm still trying to convince him! I'm sure I can convince him but I just want to be sure it's worth it! I too know that I would make good use of it and wear it all the time!!!!

Do you know exactly which one you want? At first I was certain I wanted the white but then I saw the plain black one in person and its absolutely gorgeous (I love black watches too!) but after giving it some careful thought and looking at tons and tons of pictures, I'm sure that I would be happiest with the white! :biggrin: now I just have to decide between the 33 and 38mm!!!

I know exactly which one I want! When I was in Las Vegas (in November) I tried them all on at the Bellagio Chanel boutique. I want the white in 33mm. Have you gotten a chance to try on the different sizes? I find that the 33mm is the perfect size for my frame. I am 5'2" and about 110lbs. I have small wrists but they are not tiny. I am drooling just thinking about this watch... :giggles:

A few weeks ago, I had the chance to go into my local Chanel boutique to try on the different sizes... I'm leaning more towards the 33mm but there's something about a bigger watch that appeals to me! I've been looking up pictures of the watch and I reeeeaallly like the one Ashley Tisdale has!! It's exactly what I would like the watch to look like on me... and from what people have written online, it sounds like she has the 38mm so I'm not sure which one I will get! I'm 5ft about 98lbs... I just want to make sure I get the right size for me!!!

I have the white chanel j12 with diamond dial.

I love it so much and people always admire it when I wear it, its a classic.

However what I did was I bought it without diamonds from the Chanel boutique. I then took it to a trusted jeweler and had him fit in the diamonds and saved a lot :smile:

I have the white chanel j12 with diamond dial.

I love it so much and people always admire it when I wear it, its a classic.

However what I did was I bought it without diamonds from the Chanel boutique. I then took it to a trusted jeweler and had him fit in the diamonds and saved a lot :smile:
oh, cool! I never thought about doing that! Which size did you get? 33/38/42mm??

Im not sure really either 38 or42, definitely not the thinner version. I'm 5'0 99lbs and I dont think its huge at all, I love the way it looks.

I will take a picture for you when I return home tonight to give you an idea :smile:

I have the plain 33mm J12 in both white and black. They are my every day watches and I get tons of compliments on them. I've even had a well dressed older man ask me in an elevator whether it's Chanel watch and told me I had great taste when I said yes. It's really an iconic watch IMO...lots of people love their Rolexes but this is more age and style appropriate for me. No regrets at all and I think even the diamond one will be great for every day wear! I would personally go with a smaller dial if I were to buy one with diamonds...33mm or even 29mm. I think I'd like the 29mm chromatic with diamonds.

1885515d1348459698-karmans-chanel-collection-img_4156.jpg

I too have a rather petite frame but in love with the 38mm... if you could post a pic of your wearing your J12 will definitely help me make a decision! Thank you so much!!!!

Im not sure really either 38 or42, definitely not the thinner version. I'm 5'0 99lbs and I dont think its huge at all, I love the way it looks.

I will take a picture for you when I return home tonight to give you an idea :smile:

:whiteflag:folks I have the H1708 just as pictured here and wear it all the time! I absolutely love it:P and have no regrets. The watch continues to appreciate like 'other watch makers such as rolex, piaget, etc'. Mine is now $16,500. I bought mine the year this model was released in 2005 for $11,500
I myself would like to purchase a larger plain white (without diamonds) for daily summer wear! Just I wish I had bought it years ago when it was 2/3 the cost!
Highly recommend you buy the white:sunshine:

Attachments

• H1708.jpg
    H1708.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 1,868
Last edited:
I have the plain 33mm J12 in both white and black. They are my every day watches and I get tons of compliments on them. I've even had a well dressed older man ask me in an elevator whether it's Chanel watch and told me I had great taste when I said yes. It's really an iconic watch IMO...lots of people love their Rolexes but this is more age and style appropriate for me. No regrets at all and I think even the diamond one will be great for every day wear! I would personally go with a smaller dial if I were to buy one with diamonds...33mm or even 29mm. I think I'd like the 29mm chromatic with diamonds.

img.purseforum.com/attachments/premier-designers/chanel/1885515d1348459698-karmans-chanel-collection-img_4156.jpg
love love LOVE your watches!! thanks for sharing!!! Do you wear one more often than the other?

love love LOVE your watches!! thanks for sharing!!! Do you wear one more often than the other?

Thanks :smile: I think I wear my white one more... I usually wear it anytime I'm wearing a light color, so pretty much during the summer it's the one I wear. The black I wear it with dresses and dark colored outfits.