Chanel J12 Servicing

no5

O.G.
Dec 18, 2009
Manchester, UK
Hey my lovelies. To all you J12 owners. I wondered has anyone ever sent their J12 back to Switzerland for servicing? Wondered what is the recommended time to send it in and how long it takes. Also do they clean/polish the watch. Would be grateful to hear your experiences x

Jun 23, 2007
I know this is irrelevant, because it has to do with experiences with other Swiss watches, but since they have all of similar "ilk" to J12....
Breitling, Rolex, Corum. These timepieces have had to go in for servicing and repair. All have come back like brand new! Although they were gone for close to 6-8 weeks, well worth it to have them come back in good repair and running perfectly. I might add all of the timepieces required movement tweaks and repairs on their automatic guts.
Here is a word to the wise. DO NOT SEND IN AUGUST. Most of the people will be on vacation, so this will add an addition month to your wait. Also, unless you order it, you may not get a clean and polish. Hope this helps.
Judy

no5

O.G.
Dec 18, 2009
Manchester, UK
No Balto Bag Lady (Judy) that's very helpful indeed. Mines a 38mm automatic and so I think it would appreciate a service Swiss stylie. They did tell me at Chanel that they recommend it has a full clean and polish and its good to hear that they come back looking like new. There's little info out there so much appreciated. I wont be sending it in August! Cheers :biggrin:

jmen

O.G.
Jan 15, 2007
My DH's auto has to be recalibrated. We're in the States and C uses someone here and thus I don't think the turnaround time is 6 to 8 weeks but I suppose we'll find out yeah or nay to my assumption when the watch is turned over. . .

meowmeow

bags & shoes addict + wanderluster
O.G.
Mar 31, 2006
The Six
I got a white J12 new back in December and found that one of the links has this tiny black mark on it. I bought it back to Chanel and ask if they can change the link as it really bothers me (knowing that the watch is new!). But since it is one of the link attached to the watch (not one of the removable ones), they had to send it to Switzerland to have it fixed. They first told me that it would take 2 month+ but it turned out that I got the watch back in just 3 weeks! I was very happy and the SA was VERY helpful even though I didn't buy the watch from them.

I would rather have them send the watch to Switzerland than to send it to some watch shop locally. Plus, having it service by Chanel is better becuase if anything happens, they are responsible. HTH!

no5

O.G.
Dec 18, 2009
Manchester, UK
Thank meowmeow that's really helpful. Will send mine off to Switzerland soon for service and full clean and polish. Will keep you all posted when I get it back.....:biggrin: