Chanel J12 Ridiculed in the worst way!

lilj

Jun 28, 2007
OK, so heres the story, I wore my Chanel J12 chronograph, black ceramic, diamond bezel to a friend of a friend's house, and as you'd expect it was complimented by all, but one...one of the people who was there was a jeweller by trade with a snobbish stuck up personality to boot. Anywho I was asked if they could have a look to which I hesitated without letting on, as I'm sure most of you would take the uttmost care with a watch carrying that price tag, anyways decided to give the benefit of the doubt and hand it over, the poor thing was examined by those serpent eyes (lol), and then I got the biggest shock of my life. She says "this is a fake". I was stunned to say the least, not at what was said but the fact it was said. The reason I was annoyed was because this is impossible, seeing as I personally purchased it myself at Chanel. IMPOSSIBLE! I just replied with a smile-esque face and said "no its not" and the reply was "they aren't diamonds" not, they dont look like, they arent. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TRYING TO PROVE, I thought to myself.
Fakes are disgusting!
What do you guys think. What does one do in a situation like this?

GRRRR :cursing:

I guess that person was jealous of your J12. I think you did the right thing. Because maybe she was trying to make you angry. Some people thrive on that kind of attention. I know that you are upset but she's not your best friend so don't worry about what she thinks. The important thing is that you know that your J12 is real and you look fabulous wearing it.

super rude..that is a beautiful watch! everyone who's anyone knows how amazing the J12 is...they were just trying to rattle your cage or just show off for some reason...ingnorance is such an unnattractive attribute in a person...good to see you blew it off. You know the deal...and so does "jeweler girl". wear it with pride..it is an amazing watch!

what a *****. seriously. it was obviously real and you clearly love your watch-- whats the point of saying something that would hurt you?? she sounds like a horrible person, and the saddest thing is that she must be really unhappy to be so so mean.

you know what, you just dont do that.
sorry for such a bad experience.
i would have given him answer like "well they happen to be real. Maybe you should switch careers before its too late"

It was rude of her. I don't think anyone could have been sure of whether somethings are diamonds are not unless they have been tested under specialized instruments. She might have a doubt about it but it was terrible of her just to say that "they aren't diamonds". If I was in that situation, I would have told her "would you like to make a bet?" and I'm gonna prove that she was wrong.

The nerve of people now days:cursing: It's rude for her to make such comments on the watch, you didn't ask for her 'expertise', she is a guest just like you, not to mention seasoned jewlers never jumps on conclusion just by naked eyes! Is her fields in beads or diamonds??