Chanel J12/Online Sellers?

phillj12

O.G.
Nov 28, 2008
Hi All! I'm hoping to get a Chanel J12 and was wondering if anyone has bought a watch from an online watchseller? When I search I see all of these places that have Chanel and other watches at discounted prices, but have no idea if it's the "real deal" or something to be wary of. I mean, I'd be happy to buy at Chanel or NM, but if I can get a nicer watch (ie, more diamonds) online...I'd rather do that.

Any thoughts?

THANKS!

Hi! Where were you planing on buying your J12? If you buy from EBay, make sure you get the watch authenticated first by someone in the authenticated section of this forum! Please be wary there are a lot of fakes on eBay! Idk about AD shops, maybe someone can chime on that. I only buy from boutiques. Hope that helps. GL!

No, def wouldn't buy from eBay...does Joma shop sell authentic watches? Ugh, will prob end up buying from NM. Thanks!!

Jomashop sells greymarket watches and they have a very positive track record. They basically sell unsold stock from authorized dealers at a discount. Considering the fact that 15-20% isn't unheard of from authorized channels, I don't consider an additional 13% to be all that drastic. Also watches with diamonds tend to have poorer value retention, hence the steeper discount out the door.

Also avoid buying watches from neiman marcus, they are most definitely not the place to be buying a watch, since most of their personnel lack product knowledge.

Jomashop sells greymarket watches and they have a very positive track record. They basically sell unsold stock from authorized dealers at a discount. Considering the fact that 15-20% isn't unheard of from authorized channels, I don't consider an additional 13% to be all that drastic. Also watches with diamonds tend to have poorer value retention, hence the steeper discount out the door.

Also avoid buying watches from neiman marcus, they are most definitely not the place to be buying a watch, since most of their personnel lack product knowledge.

Oh, gotcha! LOL! I was just thinking if it was a Chanel watch then what did it matter if I purchased from NM?? So torn, just LOVE the J12 with diamond bezel but wonder if it's just a passing trend. Love my Cartier Tank and could go with a Ballon Bleu, but I really want some diamonds and cannot afford a $30K watch!!!