Chanel issue

MajinBu

Oct 24, 2011
Hello! I would just like to ask Chanel jumbo users here if they have the same experience i had with my two jumbo flaps. I bought a beige GHW series 16 and Black GHW series 17 but they have different size and the "CHANEL" engraving on the plate is different from each other..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    289.8 KB · Views: 2,236
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1410425427.833873.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1410425477.478339.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1410425696.757695.jpg

They have different size.

Does anyone here have the sane experience with mine..? Im now bothered if i will ask my SA to replace my Black Gold hardware.
My Jumbo Beige GHW and Black SHW (series 15) has same size and engraving. But this Black GHW i recently bought is different..

Thank You in Advance!!

Do you still have the auth card? When did you purchase it? Items purchased within a year don't need to pay for repair.

Yes, the authenticity card is with me but i don't have the receipt. Can i have it exchange in other country? Or should i go back to the country where i purchased it?

Im also thinking the same thing. However, i now feel uncomfortable with it since its different among my other flaps.
If you don't have the receipt they won't let you exchange it, as I remember my SA asked for the receipt even though that was only one day after the purchase.

You can make a phone call first.

The red one looks normal but yours just does not look right, in particular the position of "PARIS", it is way too close to the "hole" or "circle"??

Yes, that's what i've noticed also. I will try return this bag to my SA. Maybe she could help me. Also, the black caviar i got has not so shiny leather, i know its normal, but what makes it weird is that the leather used for the pocket at the back is different from the bag! Its matte compared to the body of the bag!!! ImageUploadedByPurseForum1410458621.185123.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1410458654.504916.jpg

Yes, that's what i've noticed also. I will try return this bag to my SA. Maybe she could help me. Also, the black caviar i got has not so shiny leather, i know its normal, but what makes it weird is that the leather used for the pocket at the back is different from the bag! Its matte compared to the body of the bag!!! View attachment 2747724View attachment 2747725

I noticed the color difference from your first side-by-side photo. With the pocket of a different leather, it looks like a franken-bag. I'd definitely be taking this back. They should be able to reprint your receipt in the original country...how far is it from where you are?