Chanel iPhone 4 case on iPhone 5, what should I do?

Chanbal

O.G.
Aug 18, 2012
Hi,

I have a gorgeous (IMO) Chanel case for iPhone 4, but I've now an iPhone 5.

I was wondering if I could get your opinions on what I should do with it. These are the 2 options:

1) Donate or send iPhone 4 case to a consignment store (for about 1/4 of its price), and get an iPhone 5 case.

or

2) Keep the iPhone 4 case and use it with the iPhone 5. Is anyone doing that?

Big thanks for your opinions!:smile:

Hi,

I have a gorgeous (IMO) Chanel case for iPhone 4, but I've now an iPhone 5.

I was wondering if I could get your opinions on what I should do with it. These are the 2 options:

1) Donate or send iPhone 4 case to a consignment store (for about 1/4 of its price), and get an iPhone 5 case.

or

2) Keep the iPhone 4 case and use it with the iPhone 5. Is anyone doing that?

Big thanks for your opinions!:smile:

Would the 5 even fit in the iPhone 4 case?

Would the 5 even fit in the iPhone 4 case?

No, it does not fit. The 5C and 5S (and 5's for that matter) are all taller than the cases for the 4/4S. When purchasing this type of item, you know there's a limited useful lifespan to them. I would recommend consigning it ASAP before there's no one else using an iPhone 4S! I would think you got your $$ use out of it, and if someone else can also enjoy it for a limited time then by all means, move it along. I don't like clutter though, and I wouldn't get any(more) enjoyment out of it just sitting there, Chanel or not :smile:

Well then, I think OP has her answer. :smile:

No, it does not fit. The 5C and 5S (and 5's for that matter) are all taller than the cases for the 4/4S. When purchasing this type of item, you know there's a limited useful lifespan to them. I would recommend consigning it ASAP before there's no one else using an iPhone 4S! I would think you got your $$ use out of it, and if someone else can also enjoy it for a limited time then by all means, move it along. I don't like clutter though, and I wouldn't get any(more) enjoyment out of it just sitting there, Chanel or not :smile:

That type of case looks like it would fit lots of phones to be honest. An isn't the iPhone 5 smaller (thinner) than the 4? So shouldn't be a problem at all :shrugs: have you tried the new phone in the case? That should answer your question.