Chanel in the South

Starfallen

O.G.
Jan 2, 2008
I read somewhere - maybe in the forum, that Chanel is not popular in the south - namely Atlanta...it is Louis Vuitton that is a more GA brand
Chanel is more an Los Angeles thing

I am a teacher and I am possibly moving back that way (Atlanta) and was considering saving for a chanel but it feels overpriced to me and a little fancy - even though I do like the medium flap.

I am currently more into LV and don't know where to put my money!!!

Does Chanel have a more west coast feel?

I am in the South and I :heart: Chanel. You're right, LV is probably bigger over here, but I think it's fun to carry a brand that isn't seen all over the place!

I'm in Nashville, and while hopefully we are on our way to getting a Chanel, hopefully after neimans or saks signs a contract with a specific mall here, I dont see any of it here. They have a Chanel in Atlanta, but I have never been. I think that u should not be worried that it looks to LA. Chanel is very classy and tastefull, u can fly many bags under the radar if u feel u need to.

Well this London gal is going to keep her Chanels when she moves to Alabama (my hometown is going to be just over the state line, 2 hours from Atlanta).

Love your bags for them, not what is popular in the region I say :smile:

I don't think it's out of style in Atlanta :nogood:.

Chanel is pretty classic.

However, last time I was in Atlanta I wore a Marc Jacobs bag and I got lots of compliments.

I'm in Atlanta and I hardly ever see Chanel. When I do see Chanel, it's a fake cambon bag on a teenager. I do see a lot of LV everywhere (real and fake). I get a lot of compliments on my Chanel flaps though!

Anyway, I don't think it's more of a west cost thing at all. Chanel is hot all around the world.

Well this London gal is going to keep her Chanels when she moves to Alabama (my hometown is going to be just over the state line, 2 hours from Atlanta).

Love your bags for them, not what is popular in the region I say :smile:

Yay, there's going to be another tPFer in Alabama! :yahoo: I'm in Birmingham!

I'm in the South and prefer Chanel.
I have never thought of it being a "west coast thing":shrugs:
Chanel is completely timeless.

But if you prefer LV, don't feel like you need a Chanel, buy what YOU love.