Chanel in the South

i was in atlanta 3 weeks ago, there were chanel bags everywhere. i saw the classic flaps, GST, and the medallion the most. also saw the modern chain and a vingtage ligne bag. i had my caviar bowler. :smile:

Perhaps I am jaded, as I live in L.A. but I always got the impression that Chanel has universal appeal. Granted brands like LV may be more popular in certain areas than others, it might just be because there is less access to Chanel than LV (I mean, you can always buy off elux/vuitton.com if there's no brick and mortar store near you). There's just a greater concentration of Chanel on the west coast IMO -within 25 miles of me I can think of 5 or 6 places alone where I can get Chanel.

-and maybe Texas is an exception, but I went to Dallas and Houston last year and I saw some Chanels, and got tons of compliments on mine -my aunt that lives there LOVES Chanel much more than LV, it's likely a personal preference...

I live in Texas and LV is definitely more prevalent but I think it has to do with the affordability compared to Chanel. These purses do cost a lot of money but when you think about how timeless they are and how they will grow with you no matter what your age, I think in the long run they are worth it.

I just moved from Los Angeles to Atlanta. Chanel is big in LA, and you see everything from classic flaps to the trendier ChanelLA bags etc. On one hand it's fun because everyone knows bags and you'll get lots of compliments. On the other, they're harder to find and styles sell out fast - plus your bag doesn't feel as 'special' cause it's everywhere.

Atlanta is definitely more LV - I see a ton of Gucci too - but that makes Chanel stand out in a high-fashion kind of way. You'll also find more styles available. For days I wanna run errands and be casual, LV is perfect. On days I wanna go out in fancy dress, to a nice restaurant, or I just wanna feel 'edgier' fashion-wise, I choose Chanel.

I'm from the south & I :heart: Chanel, but when I'm shopping at Phipps Plaza & Lenox Square in Atlanta(both of which have stores that carry Chanel) I see much more LV & Gucci than Chanel. But of course I prefer Chanel!!!:yes: