Chanel in the South

Jan 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
I read somewhere - maybe in the forum, that Chanel is not popular in the south - namely Atlanta...it is Louis Vuitton that is a more GA brand
Chanel is more an Los Angeles thing

I am a teacher and I am possibly moving back that way (Atlanta) and was considering saving for a chanel but it feels overpriced to me and a little fancy - even though I do like the medium flap.

I am currently more into LV and don't know where to put my money!!!

Does Chanel have a more west coast feel?

Lanier

Eeek - it's a mouse!
O.G.
Jul 25, 2006
At the beach ☀
I am in the South and I :heart: Chanel. You're right, LV is probably bigger over here, but I think it's fun to carry a brand that isn't seen all over the place!

hpb2c

Jul 11, 2007
I'm in Nashville, and while hopefully we are on our way to getting a Chanel, hopefully after neimans or saks signs a contract with a specific mall here, I dont see any of it here. They have a Chanel in Atlanta, but I have never been. I think that u should not be worried that it looks to LA. Chanel is very classy and tastefull, u can fly many bags under the radar if u feel u need to.

chanelbaby

Jul 2, 2006
I Love London!
Well this London gal is going to keep her Chanels when she moves to Alabama (my hometown is going to be just over the state line, 2 hours from Atlanta).

Love your bags for them, not what is popular in the region I say :smile:

purly

ALL THE BAGS!
O.G.
Sep 30, 2006
Austin, TX
I don't think it's out of style in Atlanta :nogood:.

Chanel is pretty classic.

However, last time I was in Atlanta I wore a Marc Jacobs bag and I got lots of compliments.

Sina

O.G.
Mar 29, 2006
I'm in Atlanta and I hardly ever see Chanel. When I do see Chanel, it's a fake cambon bag on a teenager. I do see a lot of LV everywhere (real and fake). I get a lot of compliments on my Chanel flaps though!

Anyway, I don't think it's more of a west cost thing at all. Chanel is hot all around the world.

Lanier

Eeek - it's a mouse!
O.G.
Jul 25, 2006
At the beach ☀
Well this London gal is going to keep her Chanels when she moves to Alabama (my hometown is going to be just over the state line, 2 hours from Atlanta).

Love your bags for them, not what is popular in the region I say :smile:
Yay, there's going to be another tPFer in Alabama! :yahoo: I'm in Birmingham!

DeeDeeDelovely

Quiet!Hermes Hunting
O.G.
Aug 17, 2006
Orlando, Fl
I live in Orlando...which come to think about it...Peep don't consider it apart of the south...anyway,I see quite a few here in Otown and any Florida city.

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
I'm in the South and prefer Chanel.
I have never thought of it being a "west coast thing":shrugs:
Chanel is completely timeless.

But if you prefer LV, don't feel like you need a Chanel, buy what YOU love.