Chanel in Singapore

Hey @PurseCloset! I did send back my c19 to the boutique today. This is my personal opinion on the "leather peeling", you know the usual lambskin texture right e.g. the small lambskin pouch from their fine jewelry, or even lambskin used on their wallet as the interior material. However for the c19, like what others have mentioned, chanel could (possibly) use a special coating for the lambskin. I believe its the same special coated lambskin leather used for chanel 19 tote and chanel 22 as well. I feel that the coating is sort of disrupting the natural lambskin properties. What I noted was that the part that the leather peeling (or should i say coating peeling, maybe the coating "eats" the leather paint when it came off??) lead to more exposure to wear and tear and continuous rubbing against the "coatless" area will be ended up eating away the paint resulting the internal leather colour being exposed which is white (the reason, why is white, is because fashion companies usually use chrome tanned leather). If the coating wasn't used and assuming they used higher quality lambskin leather (pre covid days), at most its scruffing which is reasonable to me as compared to coating peeling off (which can form ugly patches all over, think of PU leather).

Here are some more pictures that the leather coating is "breaking" >> highly due to the chains rubbing against the area.

I have watched Super Dacob video, I can't comment on the Chanel that is allegedly being sold but the price increase really do impact customers' psychological behaviours for fomo on buying chanel products. Another reason they increased price hefty could be that they are expecting an upcoming economic recession and they would want to be prepared to have sufficient cashflows to tide the recession. If they happened to be sold and the new owner is looking into ways to improve the product quality, there will be a problem with the pre-loved market because people would just ditch the 2020-22 products which might reduce the reselling value in the market, just my 2 cents. You're right, we are the losing end parties.

View attachment 5651115so u sent back to the boutique? Are they going to look at it ? I just had a look at mine n it seems there to be be a potential spot same place as yoirs

Hey @PurseCloset! I did send back my c19 to the boutique today. This is my personal opinion on the "leather peeling", you know the usual lambskin texture right e.g. the small lambskin pouch from their fine jewelry, or even lambskin used on their wallet as the interior material. However for the c19, like what others have mentioned, chanel could (possibly) use a special coating for the lambskin. I believe its the same special coated lambskin leather used for chanel 19 tote and chanel 22 as well. I feel that the coating is sort of disrupting the natural lambskin properties. What I noted was that the part that the leather peeling (or should i say coating peeling, maybe the coating "eats" the leather paint when it came off??) lead to more exposure to wear and tear and continuous rubbing against the "coatless" area will be ended up eating away the paint resulting the internal leather colour being exposed which is white (the reason, why is white, is because fashion companies usually use chrome tanned leather). If the coating wasn't used and assuming they used higher quality lambskin leather (pre covid days), at most its scruffing which is reasonable to me as compared to coating peeling off (which can form ugly patches all over, think of PU leather).

Here are some more pictures that the leather coating is "breaking" >> highly due to the chains rubbing against the area.

I have watched Super Dacob video, I can't comment on the Chanel that is allegedly being sold but the price increase really do impact customers' psychological behaviours for fomo on buying chanel products. Another reason they increased price hefty could be that they are expecting an upcoming economic recession and they would want to be prepared to have sufficient cashflows to tide the recession. If they happened to be sold and the new owner is looking into ways to improve the product quality, there will be a problem with the pre-loved market because people would just ditch the 2020-22 products which might reduce the reselling value in the market, just my 2 cents. You're right, we are the losing end parties.

View attachment 5651115
@rainbowneko , thanks for sharing the detail. Is Chanel able to look at the issue and repair the leather?

Reactions: rainbowneko
@rainbowneko , thanks for sharing the detail. Is Chanel able to look at the issue and repair the leather?
You should inspect your bag thoroughly and highlight your concerns to your SA and see what they can do... Yes.. I managed to send it for repair yesterday, and they issued me a servicing receipt. No news from them on my bag's diagnosis, will update you here if I receive further information from the after-sales team!

Reactions: PurseCloset
I just my bought the medium caviar gold hardware at MBS yesterday. The ghw is champagne so it wasnt as glittery yellow like my small lambskin 2019. Was pleasantly surprised my SA called me about the availability. Always liked gold to go with black as it gives the luxurious feel to it much like vintage bags of yesteryears.
If I’m reading this correctly, the black classic flap now has a lighter gold hardware? Would you mind sharing a comparison photo of your 2019 yellow GHW vs the recently purchased medium caviar champagne hardware?

You should inspect your bag thoroughly and highlight your concerns to your SA and see what they can do... Yes.. I managed to send it for repair yesterday, and they issued me a servicing receipt. No news from them on my bag's diagnosis, will update you here if I receive further information from the after-sales team!
I m thinking of doing that too. It seems that at the same exact spot as your bag, the leather strap is showing some signs of " breakdown" n I haven't really used this bag ...this is exasperating really

• Wow
Reactions: rainbowneko
I m thinking of doing that too. It seems that at the same exact spot as your bag, the leather strap is showing some signs of " breakdown" n I haven't really used this bag ...this is exasperating really
should go pm your SA asap, and if your SA does not believe you, you should show her this post as proof that you are not the only person who is experiencing this issue..

Hi all, anybody knows if Chanel boutique handle repair for Chanel vintage? I have a 90's vintage camera bag and the glue of holding the bijoux strap come off, then one end of the strap and a piece of leather that holding the strap come out. I am not sure it should adding a glue to stick it back, or need to do a threading inside, so I want to send it back to Chanel for service.
The bag has hologram sticker and card, but no receipt, do you know if they accept for repair in SG?
IMG_6579.jpg