Chanel in SINGAPORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I agree with you Shiny hair. The buyer in Singapore really needs to improve. It seems she has 10 years experience in being a buyer for Chanel. For the bubble flap, she only ordered 2 to 3pcs which were sold out before my SA could reserve one for me. I had to go to HK to search. When I got to HK, I only could find the jersey version of the bubble quilt which I bought. Then the camelia wallet in grey, they brought in very few pieces. When I went down around 4pm on the launch day, there was only one display piece left. Fortunately my SA kept one up for me. And there are NO baby cabas coming in!!! And SA's in Singapore do not help you source for items. Sorry for ranting but I had to get it off....

Oh, I agree with you Shiny hair. The buyer in Singapore really needs to improve. It seems she has 10 years experience in being a buyer for Chanel. For the bubble flap, she only ordered 2 to 3pcs which were sold out before my SA could reserve one for me. I had to go to HK to search. When I got to HK, I only could find the jersey version of the bubble quilt which I bought. Then the camelia wallet in grey, they brought in very few pieces. When I went down around 4pm on the launch day, there was only one display piece left. Fortunately my SA kept one up for me. And there are NO baby cabas coming in!!! And SA's in Singapore do not help you source for items. Sorry for ranting but I had to get it off....

:yes: I totally agree with you about the buyer! There are a lot of popular items that she actually don't order eg. jumbo flaps in other colors.

As for sourcing, my SA does help me do a regional search for items that I confirm I want but so far, those items also sell out real fast in these countries :sad:

:yes: I totally agree with you about the buyer! There are a lot of popular items that she actually don't order eg. jumbo flaps in other colors.

As for sourcing, my SA does help me do a regional search for items that I confirm I want but so far, those items also sell out real fast in these countries :sad:

Oooh, your SA actually helps you do a regional search? But let's say there's the bag you want in HK, will they transfer it over? My SA says they can't transfer the stock and Chanel HK can't do phone orders.:confused1: I'm hunting for a pair of ballerinas which I passed up in HK n am regretting it big time but there's nothing my SA can do. :sad:

Hahahah I feel the same way you do!!! Anyway for the prices here, I'd try the bags on and order them elsewhere, I wouldn't buy them here. Lucky for you that you can go to HK so often then!! I will either order from US or get a friend who is going to live in Paris to buy there for me...

There is a BUYER? Who is that? Like the manager or overall-in-charge of the boutique here?

Everytime, by the time i go to the boutique, every item i want has been sold and "not coming in anymore":crybaby:

Oooh, your SA actually helps you do a regional search? But let's say there's the bag you want in HK, will they transfer it over? My SA says they can't transfer the stock and Chanel HK can't do phone orders.:confused1: I'm hunting for a pair of ballerinas which I passed up in HK n am regretting it big time but there's nothing my SA can do. :sad:

Think it's because the SG store need to pay for insurance and shipping, they would do a transfer only if the item costs more than a certain sum...

Hahahah I feel the same way you do!!! Anyway for the prices here, I'd try the bags on and order them elsewhere, I wouldn't buy them here. Lucky for you that you can go to HK so often then!! I will either order from US or get a friend who is going to live in Paris to buy there for me...

U are also so lucky to have a friend who is going to live in Paris. Btw when ur bags come in from US, do u have to pay for GST? I tend to buy from Singapore Chanel so that I can get on the queue for the super popular bags cos sometimes it might be too late when I get to HK.

HI, when you buy bags from Hong Kong to bring back to Spore, how do you pack them? In luggage to be checked in, handcarry luggage or just carry in hand wrapped in Chanel box and carrier? By the way, me going Hong Kong soon, do they wrap the bag nicely in Chanel box for us? And do we need to pay GST when we get back to Spore? Tks in advance ;) Appreciate it that you gals could help me. :confused1:

U are also so lucky to have a friend who is going to live in Paris. Btw when ur bags come in from US, do u have to pay for GST? I tend to buy from Singapore Chanel so that I can get on the queue for the super popular bags cos sometimes it might be too late when I get to HK.

I haven't actually gotten anything in from the US yet, the last time I reserved the reissue in the US I didn't order in the end cos I found my black reissue here. But yes I am very sure you would have to pay for GST if they ship to you in Sg.

One way to avoid GST is if you have a friend living in HK, get the US boutique to ship to HK where it's tax-free. Either that or get the SA in the US to mark the package as a gift or declare the value under S$400. But I duno if the SA will do that..

I haven't actually gotten anything in from the US yet, the last time I reserved the reissue in the US I didn't order in the end cos I found my black reissue here. But yes I am very sure you would have to pay for GST if they ship to you in Sg.

One way to avoid GST is if you have a friend living in HK, get the US boutique to ship to HK where it's tax-free. Either that or get the SA in the US to mark the package as a gift or declare the value under S$400. But I duno if the SA will do that..

Good idea to ship it to HK... But that will mean I'll have to wait till I go up there to get it. Think the wait will kill me! :sad: I don't think the SA will mark under declare the value of the package though. They might mark it as gift if we say that it's a gift for someone. Ha ha.

Have you gotten your earrings yet? Chanel was having a private event today. It was really crowded in the boutique.

I guess the only good thing about Chanel Singapore is that when you walk in, you will know what NOT to buy from overseas, as the bags they bring seems to be "rejected" or unpopular. Or maybe the Singapore buyer has the least priority, as there's only 1 boutique here.

Actually, I've seen pp buying things from there almost every time I go in... Think you probably need to go down when they have new shipment or perhaps you have to ask for if they have the specific item you want. My SA has shown me the smocked flaps (which were sold out within a couple of days), a white caviar classic and a light silver reissue b4. These are pretty popular, I believe...

Status
Not open for further replies.