Chanel in New York

ledmirage

Jan 22, 2010
Hi All,

I will be in NYC this weekend and wanted to get my wife a gift. Either small or M/L classic caviar.. (trying to take advantage of strong Canadian dollars at the moment..)

Are these readily in stock at the chanel store or other department stores?

After doing some research...opening an credit card account at Bloomingdale and using 10% discount seems to be the way to do it?

Thank you in advance!

Hey Dolls,

I am planning to go to New York next weekend and wanted to purchase my 7th Chanel classic flap. If anyone knows of any boutiques that have a great color collection available please let me know. ;)

Hello,
I'm going to New York next month and I'm hoping to buy a chanel bag. Not sure which one yet but I have my eye on the medium size classic quilted bag with silver hardwear in particular.

I haven't got a clue where stocks Chanel though, I've looked online but haven't had any luck. I want to go into a store and look at the bags in person before I buy.
I don't think barneys stocks them?
is there an actual Chanel store in New York?

Any help from New York citizens or anyone who has bought one in New York would be appreciated! :smile:

Thanks!

There are 3 Chanel stores in NYC

One is on 57th st between Fifth & Madison Avenue, another on Madison Avenue in the
60's & one in Soho.

Saks Fifth Avenue , Bloomingdales & Bergdorf Goodman also carry Chanel handbags.

Barney's has a selection of vintage Chanel bags & there are several resale stores
that also have Chanel bags

There are 3 Chanel stores in NYC

One is on 57th st between Fifth & Madison Avenue, another on Madison Avenue in the
60's & one in Soho.

Saks Fifth Avenue , Bloomingdales & Bergdorf Goodman also carry Chanel handbags.

Barney's has a selection of vintage Chanel bags & there are several resale stores
that also have Chanel bags

+1 Excellent and accurate advice from our wonderful hotshot! Have fun trying on bags at the Chanel boutique/department store boutique! Please do a reveal if you do end up buying a bag! :smile:

If I were you, get all the phone numbers of the boutiques then give them a call a few weeks before you come ever to NYC and ask for their stock or availability.
I bought my bags at the Bloomingdales Chanel and I only have to wait for a day for my SA to order it for me, it was a classic M/L caviar SHW.
The 57 St boutique seems to be well stocked even the classics. Whenever I visit the boutique, I always notice people buying the classic Chanels, JM, WOCs and reissues.
Good luck, and welcome to NYC when to get here.:welcome2:

Welcome to the Big Apple when you get here! I agree with mom2princess that 57th st boutique is well stocked with classics. Whenever I go, there are always plenty of tourists and they are often looking at classic flaps. I shop there too and if you need my SA's contact info, just PM me. She's helped other TPF'ers too and everyone seems happy with her I think.

Also if you'll be visiting the Chelsea/Meatpacking neighborhoods, there's also Jeffrey. It's a nice store with relatively low foot traffic and it has Chanel as well.

Thank you everyone for your help, Much appreciated!
I will write them down and go have a look (: The boutique on 57th street sounds particularly interesting...
Will definitely reveal if I get one! :biggrin:

57th is great but it is sooooo crowded! I recommend the store in Soho. Less traffic and a lovely space. I also have a fantastic SA for you!
Hi I'm new to purseforum and I too will be purchasing my very first Chanel soon. I would love to have your SA's information for the boutique in Soho if it is still offered lol. Thanks :smile: