Chanel in Istanbul, Turkey

Hi Kayti, how much is gst in chanel turkey now?? Or medallion tote??
I will be going to Istanbul this end of may. Is it possible for us to call the sale assistant to check the availability of the bags and to reserve it???
Pls advise. Thanks

When i was in istanbul their prices were the same as us prices, and you can claim vat as a tourist, its only about 6% though. The selection in Nisantasi boutique was better than Istinye Park at the time, but Istinye did have an orange lambskin which Nisantasi did not. Hope you find what youre looking for!

Actually, yesterday I went to the grand bazaar and wanted to buy a tote bag since Turkish leather is so good quality. Unfortunately, all the bags I saw were knock offs with Celine and Prada and etc.

One of the guys said he would make me a bag up to my choice from the leather I choose. He took me to the ack room so I could've choose the leather and explain the finishings I needed. And OMG!i saw sooooooooo many fake Chanels, Hermes bags there, I was shocked of the quality of the bags. I have 17 Chanel bags and 2 Birkins, and believe me, some of those fake bags I would not identify as fake.
Some of them had wrong signs inside of the bag, but some looked pretty real if you don't check the sticker and the card.
It's so scary, I thought many people with little to no experience in Chanel and Hermes would buy those bags for full price on ebay. That's the reason I never shop on eBay!

The Chanels they had were only lamb skin and caviar but some with the reissue locks and chains. I had my reissue with me and the sale person said I had a real bag (yes, thank you, 31, Rue Cambon, Paris), and that they don't make the vintage calf leather bags (reissues) because that leather is hard to immitate.

Just wanted to share this experience as it might be helpful for someone who considered to buy in consignment stores or eBay. Be careful of fakes! They are really good lately!

Love4H said:
Actually, yesterday I went to the grand bazaar and wanted to buy a tote bag since Turkish leather is so good quality. Unfortunately, all the bags I saw were knock offs with Celine and Prada and etc.

One of the guys said he would make me a bag up to my choice from the leather I choose. He took me to the ack room so I could've choose the leather and explain the finishings I needed. And OMG!i saw sooooooooo many fake Chanels, Hermes bags there, I was shocked of the quality of the bags. I have 17 Chanel bags and 2 Birkins, and believe me, some of those fake bags I would not identify as fake.
Some of them had wrong signs inside of the bag, but some looked pretty real if you don't check the sticker and the card.
It's so scary, I thought many people with little to no experience in Chanel and Hermes would buy those bags for full price on ebay. That's the reason I never shop on eBay!

The Chanels they had were only lamb skin and caviar but some with the reissue locks and chains. I had my reissue with me and the sale person said I had a real bag (yes, thank you, 31, Rue Cambon, Paris), and that they don't make the vintage calf leather bags (reissues) because that leather is hard to immitate.

Just wanted to share this experience as it might be helpful for someone who considered to buy in consignment stores or eBay. Be careful of fakes! They are really good lately!

Wow! Thank u Sooo much for sharing. Much appreciated! It's good knowledge for me!

Does anyone know the original retail price of this bag? I have it in black and I believe it came from the pre-fall 2011 Istanbul collection.

Attachments

• coco.jpg
    coco.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 18,101
Hello ladies, i need urgent help!

Does anyone know how much is this boy in turkey?

image-1439620881.jpg

I just talked to my SA and its 4160$ in lebanon, but in the US its for 3200$. I will be paying 1k more, it breaks my heart haha :/ im traveling to istanbul im may though, should i wait? Im really on edge, my SA told me this is the only one they got and im really in love :/

Last edited:
I have been searching the forum and can't find any thread dedicated for this. I had been pretty lazy and has not done much reveals but since this is my second favourite bag next to boy (*whispering so other bags won't get jealous*) I felt that I should start one and share the looove for this tote!
Hope others will post their bags here too for good reference guide in the future.
So enough rambling, enjoy the photos..!
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1395443252.299212.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1395443304.765672.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1395443377.352126.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1395443409.112659.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1395443472.008404.jpg