Chanel in Canada

For those interested....the grey medium 19 is available in Calgary. As much as I love the colour, the size doesn't sing to me. So it is back available!

There is no mini classic out on display and not surprised because they are usually drawn. There is a pinky mini reissue though if interested.

20210617_123352.jpg

While mostly bags here want to hear your opinion on the coco crush ring! Thoughts? Sizing isn't exactly right but the feel...please excuse my dry looking hand and ignore the pinky ring. I'm contemplating between this or the H CDC or K ring.... need some opinion. Thanks!

20210617_124357.jpg

Does anyone know if Chanel inside Holt Renfrew in Vancouver (the only Chanel in Vancouver if I'm not mistaken) carries shoes or their shoe section is outside in the open area (no doorman) by the general shoe area?

TIA

Posting in 2 spots but hoping to share with everyone including our Canadians!!!! Coco approved on IG compared the 20C grey with 21A grey on the CF!!!! Which one do you like more?

View attachment 5111990View attachment 5111991View attachment 5111992View attachment 5111993View attachment 5111994

I feel like I've looked at that 21A gray in so many lights and it looks different each time, that I can't tell which one is 21A and which one is 20C! But based on those pics, I think I prefer the darker one.

Hello everyone!
I know absolutely nothing about Chanel except what I've read on here and now I think I'm going to get myself one for my birthday. Finally going to pull the trigger and it was either this or a Lady Dior mini. I've decided I'd like to get a mini 2.55 Handbag, undecided if I want tweed or caviar leather. How difficult are these to find and should I talk to a Client Advisor before my birthday to setup the day or do you think I could just make an appointment and get one when I walk in? I'm Ontario based. Mini is the perfect size for me, I don't carry much; phone, compact, keys, lip color and card case.

I think the 2.55 is the ultimate in femininity and I like that the strap can be shoulder or I can feed it through both holes and wear it on my arm. I love the history fo the 2.55 too. So cute!

Congrats on your first Chanel! 2.55 minis are quite hard to get, although it looks like there's a pink 2.55 mini available in Calgary right now. If you want a black or beige, they'll get snapped up right away so you need to get on a waiting list well before the lottery happens. I don't think it's likely you'd be able to walk in and try one on. FYI, the 2.55 minis are all with distressed calf, not with caviar. :smile:

Does anyone know if Chanel inside Holt Renfrew in Vancouver (the only Chanel in Vancouver if I'm not mistaken) carries shoes or their shoe section is outside in the open area (no doorman) by the general shoe area?

TIA

They have both, they have a smaller shoe selection in the boutique but then a dedicated shoe shop by the general shoe area with a much bigger selection (but often there are shoes I've found in the boutique that I didn't find in the shoe shop, and vice versa).

Reactions: VSUVUS
Congrats on your first Chanel! 2.55 minis are quite hard to get, although it looks like there's a pink 2.55 mini available in Calgary right now. If you want a black or beige, they'll get snapped up right away so you need to get on a waiting list well before the lottery happens. I don't think it's likely you'd be able to walk in and try one on. FYI, the 2.55 minis are all with distressed calf, not with caviar.

Thank you for your help and insight! Oh no, that's unfortunate to read. Tbh, I'm all about colour right now, no neutrals, so any colour would be nice! Hmmm, maybe I'll add the coco handle mini to my list too then to possibly expand my options haha

Is distressed calf hard wearing at least?

Last edited:
Reactions: ChanelCanuck
I feel like I've looked at that 21A gray in so many lights and it looks different each time, that I can't tell which one is 21A and which one is 20C! But based on those pics, I think I prefer the darker one.

Congrats on your first Chanel! 2.55 minis are quite hard to get, although it looks like there's a pink 2.55 mini available in Calgary right now. If you want a black or beige, they'll get snapped up right away so you need to get on a waiting list well before the lottery happens. I don't think it's likely you'd be able to walk in and try one on. FYI, the 2.55 minis are all with distressed calf, not with caviar. :smile:

They have both, they have a smaller shoe selection in the boutique but then a dedicated shoe shop by the general shoe area with a much bigger selection (but often there are shoes I've found in the boutique that I didn't find in the shoe shop, and vice versa).
Thank you for your help and insight! Oh no, that's unfortunate to read. Tbh, I'm all about colour right now, no neutrals, so any colour would be nice! Hmmm, maybe I'll add the coco handle mini to my list too then to possibly expand my options haha

Is distressed calf hard wearing at least?

The rose gold and silver this season are grained calf, not aged calf like the typical 2.55 bags. But the grained calf is very durable too! And the classic aged calf is very durable!

I just checked out the three boutiques in Toronto this weekend. I’m looking for a true red medium flap lambskin ghw (can be 21s or previous seasons as long as there are no orange tones). I saw the small size with these specs at yorkdale but I think medium size suits me better.
Yorkdale SA told me that they get shipments Tuesday and Friday so I should check back. Yorkville SA told me that they won’t be getting new season shipment for another 2 months!! I don’t know what to believe lol Also, not sure how hard it will be to get this bag here in Toronto. Should I have just gone with the small? (I’m 5,9 us8 so I think the medium was perfect size). And have any of you ladies/gents seen this bag at any other location in Canada and have a SA that would be willing to ship to me in Toronto?