Chanel Horor Stories

Probably the worst thing that's happened to me at Chanel was I wasn't treated fairly. We were only 2 customers inside the boutique. The other lady was maybe about 35 & I'm only 16 - no one assisted me as I would assume they think I'm only there to look around & not to buy. A big LOL to them because I ended up buying my Chanel bag & the other lady didn't buy anything. I just didn't like the fact that they judged me of not being capable of buying a Chanel :sad:

For me it was back in 2008 when I bought my very FIRST luxury bag, a medium flap. That Halloween I went out with my friend (brand new chanel flap in tow) and went party hopping in Brooklyn. Long story short I was walking to the subway (intoxicated) and tripped and fell in 5in platforms. I wasn't injured but my chanel was, the gold on the turn lock had been completely scraped off from the concrete pavement! You could see the brass color, luckily the leather was not damaged just the hardware.

I can laugh now but I was crying when it happened haha, no literally I was crying on the NYC subway with my intoxicated friend trying to console me (hot mess all together). The next day she told me when i fell it was like it happened in slow motion lol. I finally took it to be repaired at chanel (4 years late I know) and they said it would be repaired for free! ( I thought it was a 1 year warranty but I wasn't going to say anything lol)

Lesson learned if you're going to get a little tipsy don't bring and expensive bag along for ride, I only drink water and juice now so I'm covered lol.

For me it was back in 2008 when I bought my very FIRST luxury bag, a medium flap. That Halloween I went out with my friend (brand new chanel flap in tow) and went party hopping in Brooklyn. Long story short I was walking to the subway (intoxicated) and tripped and fell in 5in platforms. I wasn't injured but my chanel was, the gold on the turn lock had been completely scraped off from the concrete pavement! You could see the brass color, luckily the leather was not damaged just the hardware.

I can laugh now but I was crying when it happened haha, no literally I was crying on the NYC subway with my intoxicated friend trying to console me (hot mess all together). The next day she told me when i fell it was like it happened in slow motion lol. I finally took it to be repaired at chanel (4 years late I know) and they said it would be repaired for free! ( I thought it was a 1 year warranty but I wasn't going to say anything lol)

Lesson learned if you're going to get a little tipsy don't bring and expensive bag along for ride, I only drink water and juice now so I'm covered lol.

Did you tell the Chanel SA that you fell and scraped it on the pavement? Or did you just act indifferent like you had no idea? Just curious due to the amount of time that passed... tia

Tlovesdesigner said:
Probably the worst thing that's happened to me at Chanel was I wasn't treated fairly. We were only 2 customers inside the boutique. The other lady was maybe about 35 & I'm only 16 - no one assisted me as I would assume they think I'm only there to look around & not to buy. A big LOL to them because I ended up buying my Chanel bag & the other lady didn't buy anything. I just didn't like the fact that they judged me of not being capable of buying a Chanel :sad:

I know want you mean, although I've never had this happen at Chanel. I usually end up not purchasing in those types of situations. I don't want an SA to make commission off poor service. If possible, I try to come back another day or visit a different location.

ebie36 said:

Oh no

baghagg said:
Did you tell the Chanel SA that you fell and scraped it on the pavement? Or did you just act indifferent like you had no idea? Just curious due to the amount of time that passed... tia

Well when ever I purchase something or just browse I usually go to that location, and I purchased that bag from that same store. I believe their system shows the date of purchase etc but she said i wouldn't be charged for any repairs. The SA never asked, I don't think they usually ask anyway. They just look at what needs to be repaired and start processing. I think if I told my story I would have gotten a blank "wtf" stare lol. So I kept it to myself :smile:

fishyxpisces13 said:
I know want you mean, although I've never had this happen at Chanel. I usually end up not purchasing in those types of situations. I don't want an SA to make commission off poor service. If possible, I try to come back another day or visit a different location.

When this happens and there is something I definitely want, I take out my credit card and just start tapping it on the counter, playing with it though -- not tapping for attention. You'd be surprised how well that works. The last time I pulled that trick was in Cartier with my Red Card in November. Within seconds, 3 SAs wanted to know if they could help.

How rude! People make snap judgments about people who enter the store. Some moneybags like to enter stores discreetly dressed..not to make a scene. Customer service should always be careful- especially in this economy.

With that said, no horror stories really.

ya, i kinda accept it. SAs want to make a sale so they size up customers to see who they are most likely to make a sale.

i do make it a point to dress up a little and carry a designer bag if i am going to luxury stores. never failed to get me good service :rolleyes:

cherrycookies said:
ya, i kinda accept it. SAs want to make a sale so they size up customers to see who they are most likely to make a sale.

i do make it a point to dress up a little and carry a designer bag if i am going to luxury stores. never failed to get me good service :rolleyes:

Same, I also won't buy from a SA who are not welcoming. I'd rather wait and buy from a nicer SA or go to the other Chanel locations. We have over 3 locations in NYC.

My cat peed on the sofa and not realizing this,I left my black caviar maxi on that specific spot (my cat never did this before and I did'nt see anything on the sofa) overnight.....
Uhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh :'( The leather was'nt damage but the bottom of my maxi spelled really bad in the morning... She's at the spa right now for some lovin'... hope she'll be fine!

Fahrina said:
My cat peed on the sofa and not realizing this,I left my black caviar maxi on that specific spot (my cat never did this before and I did'nt see anything on the sofa) overnight.....
Uhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh :'( The leather was'nt damage but the bottom of my maxi spelled really bad in the morning... She's at the spa right now for some lovin'... hope she'll be fine!

Yikes! Hope the smell will be fixed soon! :smile:

restricter said:
When this happens and there is something I definitely want, I take out my credit card and just start tapping it on the counter, playing with it though -- not tapping for attention. You'd be surprised how well that works. The last time I pulled that trick was in Cartier with my Red Card in November. Within seconds, 3 SAs wanted to know if they could help.

Haha! This is too funny! It actually makes them look silly, knowing that they need to be lured with a tapping credit card on the counter!