Chanel Hawaii

I got a cool and funky ring at the Waikiki boutique last month, which was supposedly the only one in the country. They also have their "Hawaii Exclusives", a few bags and shoes, which are mostly in pink colors.

Hello:smile:
I'm going to Hawaii in 2 days and wondering if chanel boutiques there carry purses I'm looking for. I'm not staying in Waikiki and have like 7 hours before my connecting flight to Maui so I'm thinking if I should take taxi and go shopping to Chanel :smile:)

I'm looking for

Classic MINI in black caviar with GHW (priority)

and

Timeless CC WOC in black caviar

Does anyone have any SA contact info (e-mail prefered) or

ANY INFO about the boutiques, please let me know!!!

Thank You!!

I don't know how many of them are good about email. Your best bet is to call ahead of time, if you get someone rude, ask for Gareth or Kai. I'm not sure when Kai works, I believe Kai is his last name, but I can't remember his first name. He's really nice and really laid-back. I don't know how many of the SAs are very email accessible. There are a few nice SAs, but they are the minority. The rest are aloof and some are the older women who will give you the once-over when you walk in. Ignore them. The boutique is pretty decently stocked. But since you're looking for a specific item, call ahead and maybe just buy it. If you don't like it, you can always get a refund.

Also, I'm not sure when you're getting in, but I believe on Sunday, the mall (Ala Moana where Chanel is located) closes at 7 p.m. and 9 p.m. on other days. If you get in on the weekdays, the HNL airport is in prime traffic area. Peak traffic times are from around 4:00 to 6 ish in the evening. Although the mall is only about a 20 - 30 minute drive to the airport, if it's traffic time, it can take 1.5 hours or more!!! Also, get a quote from the cab driver about the cost to Ala Moana. If it's more than $25, you're getting ripped off. Do the same on the way back, otherwise, you will hit every light and possibly a weird route.

P.S. The boutique has a nice selection, but sometimes a lot of items aren't on display. So when they slide the glass doors, take a peak on the shelves. You'll see a lot of items that aren't out. The only reason you should worry about whether they have the items you want in stock is that the Hawaii boutiques do a lot of business because of the Japanese and other Asian market. Usually, the Hawaii stores are on par with the NY stores, although the NY stores are bigger, Hawaii moves a lot of inventory.

>kkayc

A LOT OF USEFUL INFO!!! THANK YOU!!
I'm landing at HNL around 10, picking up my stuicase, check-into my connecting flight, then it would be like 11. My connecting flight to Maui is at 5:20pm so I'm assuming that I have plenty of time for shopping. But I think I should leave Waikiki area around 3 to avoid heavy traffic and I don't want to miss my flight. I will be meeting up with my bf at Maui:smile:)
Which boutiqie do you recommend? one at Ala Moana or the one on the street??? and, do you think there's possibility that i can ask them to ship a bag to my hotel in Maui by phone order??

Thank you for your advice on taxi. that was my big concern ;(

>alre309
>NYCavalier
>OlgaMUA

Yes, i think they have the same price as US mainland.

>Peggeyl

Yes!! I remember the sales tax is like a half of CA one, which I love :smile:)

I'm not sure if they would ship it to you on Maui. They do charge for shipping though so, I'm not sure if you'd want to go that route.

I recommend the Chanel at Ala Moana. I believe their selection is just as good, if not better than the Waikiki Boutique. Also, right across from the Chanel boutique in Ala Moana, there's also Chanel fine jewelry. If you're interested, there's also a 2 story LV, Cartier, Harry Winston, Tiffany's, Prada, etc., all in the same vincinity in the mall. Shopping in Waikiki is too spread out and it's not like you can see the ocean from where the shopping is in Waikiki.

In the mall, if you decide to grab a bite, you can have lunch at NM and have a view overlooking the beach. NM service is slow so I wouldn't recommend eating there unless you have a 1.5 hours for lunch. Also, I recommend their food only b/c of the view, the food itself isn't that great. If you leave no later than 3:30, you should be fine. Also, on your way back, getting thru security should be easier since the inter-island terminal is just before the main terminal, so you won't be stuck in the longer lines of the main terminal. On your way to the mall, check out if there are signs for road construction or if there's any roadwork, if so, then definitely by 3.

Have fun when you reach Maui. I'm not sure where you're staying but if it's in Lahaina, be sure to explore around and outside of Lahaina. Wailea is stunning and Makawao is a very hip place for a nice dinner. Also, I don't know if Maui has a Chanel, but if so, the tax on Maui is a little lower. The tax on Oahu is something like 4.71%, while I believe Maui is still in the 4.167% range.

Are you sure, you don't want to just go to the mall, enjoy the shopping (maybe not buy Chanel) and then when you go back home, order your items from Bergdorf? I order from there since there's no tax, I can use my NM card, and I don't get charged for shipping.

>kkayc

Thank you so so much for your info on Chanel and even about Maui. We are staying at Sheraton but we are renting a car so we definitely get around the island:smile:) It's a week stay so I'm sure we have enough time to enjoy Maui alottt.

I decided to go to Ala Moana and enjoy shopping there. I've heard about the cafe at NM :smile: I will try if I have time. Thank you kkayc!!! I will post pics if I make any purchase=)

>kkayc

Thank you so so much for your info on Chanel and even about Maui. We are staying at Sheraton but we are renting a car so we definitely get around the island:smile:) It's a week stay so I'm sure we have enough time to enjoy Maui alottt.

I decided to go to Ala Moana and enjoy shopping there. I've heard about the cafe at NM :smile: I will try if I have time. Thank you kkayc!!! I will post pics if I make any purchase=)

Have fun! I think you'll be surprised at the amount of luxury stores that are at Ala Moana. There are a lot of fun stores too and a cute little place just to have some iced tea that's between Prada, LV, and NM, on the 3rd floor.

Ooh, and if you stop by Hermes, which is diagonal to Chanel, next to Gucci, Dean is a really nice SA.