Chanel Fine Jewelry

I was looking for a right hand ring this afternoon..Yeah so I already have the one I want picked out but my husband waslike maybe you should just look a bit more..... So any one look at Chanel fine jewlery this week??? There is this sapphire with stars in diamond pave ring. So I just called and the SA she said hi ok that ring your looking at is 179,000 dollars.. :wtf: thats crazy..loll I wish.. anywas I dont come on here much..but you should check out the ring its really nice.

Which one is it? The one with the oval sapphire, the one with the pave sapphires and rock crystals or another one? You said it has stars on it so I'm going to assume it's from the Comètes collection, which is a gorgeous collection. Trust me, it would be well worth every penny spent!!

If you love the ring you should definitely get it. In my opinion, jewelry is a better investment than a car. Gold and gems become more valuable over time, not so with vehicles.

Sounds beautiful, but ack. I'm not in that financial bracket where I can justify that purchase. Maybe a down payment for a house? Ring... or home? hmmm haha. I hope there's a photo somewhere that someone can post.

WHOA. That's NUTS!

I don't care how beautiful something is- 179,000 smackers is sooo much money! That could buy me a house, and a nice one at that. However, I suppose if one is extremely wealthy and has that sort of cash to shell out for a piece of jewelry they love, well then they should get it and give me the change lol. ;)

I'm curious to find out what aficionados think of Chanel's fine jewellery (not the costume jewellery but the high end bling bling collection). To me, Chanel has always been synonymous with fashion, bags and haute couture but never haute joaillerie, though from what I've seen on the website, some are really stunning. Any thoughts or opinions? Anyone bought anything?

chanel is also about fine jewelry (coco did fabulous pieces herself back in the day) and they are top quality ! the prices are arounf the same of other haute joaillerie lines.

but also their normal fine jewelry is very nicely made with unique designs and much cheaper!

Bump! How is the quality of these fine jewellery pieces? They are not in anyway like the fashion pieces (crystals falling off, necklaces breaking (or so I have heard), etc), right?

For the prices the fine jewellery are going for, nothing should drop off!!!

i agree, i agree:smile:
Even for the prices of the costume jewelleries, I wld have tot nothing shld go wrong either. At the boutiques, I saw a pair of camelia earrings at FINE going for about USD$3.2K and another necklace at COSTUMES that went for about USD$2K (the diff in price is not that great but if I can get much better quality for the FINE, no make that same quality as Tiffany, etc, I'd go for the FINE), right?