Chanel hardware tarnish help!!

Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone. This is my jumbo, all the grommets are chipping. I have worn it 20-30 times if that... I mean the strap is almost the size of the grommet so it's going to rub.

I see yours is over a year from purchase so is mine . We should have worn them sooner. Now we get to pay for this even though we barely used them.

View attachment 2749044
Hi! My bag is doing a similar thing with chipping around the grommets. I'm wondering did you ever get yours fixed? do you recall how much it cost or did they fix them for free?

Hi! My bag is doing a similar thing with chipping around the grommets. I'm wondering did you ever get yours fixed? do you recall how much it cost or did they fix them for free?

the CC turn lock on my jumbo flap slightly tarnished after just 2-3 months of use. No one could tell but it drove me insane. I took it in and they had it changed for me (for free) it took about 3 weeks but it's back to perfect and I haven't had issues with it since. It's only been 6 months since I got it back though!

Reactions: Cams and Kailua
is that GHW? heyy i also deal with the same problem
Ok, great. Thank you!! I've read that when you use tarnishing cloth it can take out some of the plating...did this happen to you?
Hi, did this happen to work for you? I recently purchased an extra mini off of fashionphile & I have the same problem...I believe the silver is tarnished or chipped. It looks just like yours.

Attachments

• FA987C6A-5B66-435D-AF30-F7C08D6CB1DB.jpeg
    FA987C6A-5B66-435D-AF30-F7C08D6CB1DB.jpeg
    242.6 KB · Views: 233
  • E055B944-DA91-48C8-B859-A0DEA1893580.jpeg
    E055B944-DA91-48C8-B859-A0DEA1893580.jpeg
    145.1 KB · Views: 227
Reactions: thucanhngoha
I heard you have to have proof you got it from the store to do that, or I would.
I was never asked for a proof of purchase when brought a bag to their 'spa'. In any event, if the SA is unwilling to accept the bag, insist on speaking to a manager. This is a major defect for a Chanel bag and they must take care of it. Good luck and keep us posted.

I was never asked for a proof of purchase when brought a bag to their 'spa'. In any event, if the SA is unwilling to accept the bag, insist on speaking to a manager. This is a major defect for a Chanel bag and they must take care of it. Good luck and keep us posted.
Thank you..I will try! The only Chanel by me is within Saks. I’ll update afterwards what happens :smile: