Chanel hardware tarnish help!!

It's hard to see if it is chipping or tarnishing. If it is chipping, the part needs to be replaced. Is this a new bag? If yes, Chanel will take care of it free of charge.

Can you take a picture of the tarnish? I used white paste polish for buffing jewelry on a LV lock that had not been used for years and it got rid of all the tarnish.

You might be able to get rid of the tarnish with the same paste? Hope this helps.
This is impressive, please share the name of the product.

Reactions: juju2016
I hope this time the picture to be shown.

From the picture, it looks like scratches or chipping. But like others suggested, I would take it to Chanel and see what they can do.

May I ask what is the brand/name of the polish you used?

Thanks so much in advance!

This is impressive, please share the name of the product.

This is the product. I purchased it from Ebay a while back. It comes with a sponge as part of the kit. When using the paste, wear gloves so the residue from the tarnish, which turns black after applying the paste, doesn't stain your hands. It's literally like wax on and wax off. Quite fun to see the transformation! :P

2014-09-13-08-28-14_deco.jpg

Reactions: beemeowmeow
Can you take a picture of the tarnish? I used white paste polish for buffing jewelry on a LV lock that had not been used for years and it got rid of all the tarnish.

You might be able to get rid of the tarnish with the same paste? Hope this helps.

thats pretty impressive lol, great effort!!

Hello, I purchased a vintage Chanel mini patent bag in light yellow. It is cute in structure, but the seller told me there was no tarnish to the chain...well, it arrived today and there is severe tarnish to the clasp hardware and to the chain. I believe there is no chipping.
What should I use? I read through this thread, and am concerned if I use silver polish/tarnish cream, that the black residue will stain the bag near the clasp and around the chain since it has SO much tarnish! What do you ladies think? Should I try it? Is a tarnish cloth any better? Or is it a lost cause? Thank you.
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1432425647.364302.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1432425667.854196.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1432425702.237736.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1432425719.932367.jpg

Reactions: beemeowmeow
Hello, I posted this on the Chanel chit chat thread but this may a more appropriate place...I just received my vintage Chanel jumbo from Japan and I LOVE it! However, I can't get over the tarnishing...I read that Chanel hardware is not supposed to tarnish but mine has. Any thoughts or advice would be great! Thank you!!
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1432426472.351933.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1432426489.341983.jpg

Hello, I posted this on the Chanel chit chat thread but this may a more appropriate place...I just received my vintage Chanel jumbo from Japan and I LOVE it! However, I can't get over the tarnishing...I read that Chanel hardware is not supposed to tarnish but mine has. Any thoughts or advice would be great! Thank you!!
View attachment 3006430
View attachment 3006431

Hi, I have been working on removing the tarnish from my vintage Chanel. First I tried using q-tips just moistened in water, then dipped in tarnish polish, scrubbing with the q-tip with the rest of the bag covered by a ziplock bag with a hold cut in the baggie to expose the hardware (so that the polish did not get on the leather). That worked really well, but the process was so difficult and painstaking. Next, I bought a tarnish cloth from Amazon and that is so simple and easy, and it does not risk leaving a residue on the bag! For a light colored bag you should rotate the cloth every now and then so that the dark tarnish residue does not get on the bag, but with a black bag it should be ok. It even removed a light stain on the patent leather!

Hi, I have been working on removing the tarnish from my vintage Chanel. First I tried using q-tips just moistened in water, then dipped in tarnish polish, scrubbing with the q-tip with the rest of the bag covered by a ziplock bag with a hold cut in the baggie to expose the hardware (so that the polish did not get on the leather). That worked really well, but the process was so difficult and painstaking. Next, I bought a tarnish cloth from Amazon and that is so simple and easy, and it does not risk leaving a residue on the bag! For a light colored bag you should rotate the cloth every now and then so that the dark tarnish residue does not get on the bag, but with a black bag it should be ok. It even removed a light stain on the patent leather!

Omg, thank you so much!! I will def try these out! Do you recommend just going straight to the tarnishing cloth vs starting off w the qtip? Again, thank you so much! Your input is very valuable and much appreciated [emoji16]

Omg, thank you so much!! I will def try these out! Do you recommend just going straight to the tarnishing cloth vs starting off w the qtip? Again, thank you so much! Your input is very valuable and much appreciated [emoji16]

You are welcome. Yes, I would go straight to the tarnish cloth. First try the dry cloth. If the tarnish is stubborn, slightly moisten the cloth and more will come off.

Ok, great. Thank you!! I've read that when you use tarnishing cloth it can take out some of the plating...did this happen to you?

No, it did not remove the plating on my bag
(Silver hardware), but you might try a test spot on the metal ring on the inside of yourbag first if you are worried (or wherever you think is least noticeable).