Chanel hardware replacement?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Spring Sale is now live! Serious savings on customer favorites - up to 40% off with free shipping and free returns. Shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hey all,
    I was searching through the threads and I read that Chanel replaces the hardware on bags within 5 years? Is this accurate?

I just bought a 21 series Classic Flap GHW, and I was wondering if I could change the hardware (mainly the CC lock) on it just so I'll be good for a few more years. Will they do replacements if the item was purchased second-hand? Do I need the original receipt?

Thanks!

2. Hi there, it depends on where you live. Here in the US, it’s down to 2 years now with proof of purchase for a free repair. Other than that, they would still repair your bag, but with a fee. Just sent my bag in for repair last week. Mine is from 15B. HTH :smile:

3. Hi how much was the charge for the hardware replacement do you know?

4. Do you know how much they charge for replacement? And as proof of purchase, I would need the original receipt?

5. I had the leather in the chain strap replaced so I don’t know how much they charge for hardware. I got quoted $115. Someone posted in a thread that she got quoted $500 for the cc locked to be replaced and the bag would be sent to Paris to get the work done.

Your name has to be on the receipt, in other words, you have to be the original owner of the bag, otherwise, they wouldn’t do the repair for free (within 2 years from the date of the receipt)

I’d suggest you to get a quote from both the boutique and Leather Surgeons and compare the price if you have to pay. Those two are the only places that I’d trust with my bags. Good luck ;)

6. You can read my inputs in the other thread, Experience with Chanel refurbishing/repair
    I got all hardware replaced for $125 for my classic flap, but honestly it depends on your SA, some might ask for proof of purchase. What you can do is go to any Chanel boutique and ask if they can replace it, if this store doesn't allow just go to another one until they approve for replacement. When i went to the boutique I wasn't 100% sure if they will approved but guess what they approved for the replacement.

7. Thank you for letting me know.

M00 likes this.
  8. May I ask why you changed all of the hardware? Did you have an issue or you just wanted a different colored hw? Thanks

ilysukixD likes this.
  9. The turn lock had some discolorations and the chains had chips throughout so I went to the store to had it repaired. In addition my main intention was to have Chanel indirectly authenticate my bag because I purchased it second handed! I know for a fact that Chanel will only repair authentic bag, so I knew the bag was authentic!!

10. I once had a snap button repaired 3-4 years after purchase and they didn‘t charge me. Took 6-8 weeks tho. (I live in Europe)

11. Would they change the hardware color? I would really like to switch out GHW for RHW!

12. Thanks, this is really useful to know. That was done about 2 years ago? Would the price have gone up as well for repairs?

13. Couple years ago, my M/L side stitch popped (I was putting things in the back pocket x.x) and they repaired it free of charge!
    I think they have a sheet of cost quotes the SA fills out when you take it in, it did take about a month for the bag to come back. I hope chanel doesn't price increase repairs too, that'll be ridiculous. haha