Chanel Handbags .......

joviscot

*BONNIE SCOTLAND*
Oct 5, 2008
After reading this thread ......

http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/shocking-tv-program-chanel-made-in-china-296150.html

I am not sure if its worth buying a bag now ......... hubby is buying my 1st Chanel bag within the next few months in Paris, but after reading the above thread, am not sure if I want him to "waste his money" if the quality isnt that good now??

Convince me people cos I have seen quite a few threads here with problems re various handbags ......

Joviscot, as far as I know there hasn't been any proof they're really made in China?

Yes, unfortunately some people have had some issues, but if ALL the Chanel bags were having quality issues then Chanel would have been out of business right now.

It's all about perceptive, IMO. People tend to focus more on the negative comments than on the positive comments. When 10 people compliment you with your outfit and the 11th person says something negative, then that one particular comment will stay with you, right? Of course people will speak up if they buy a bag that's not perfect. But the majority of the threads in here are still positive, IMO. People dont post threads in here to say: "Hey guys, just wanted to let you know my Jumbo is still in perfect condition after 1 year" or "My 25 bags are doing fine, just so you know", KWIM?

The majority of us, including me, still haven't had any issues.

I'd also add that I haven't had any issues at all - I wonder if we get A+ quality here while the States gets A?

All the quality problems seem to stem from bags bought in the States. Factor in the number / percentage of people on tPF from the US then decide. (I know what I'm trying to say but it's not coming out on the keyboard!)

Jovi - you'll be fine. Get your bag ;)

I understand what you're saying. . . we have more people form the USA posting here so the probability is higher one of us would have an issue.

its only natural you may find a fault in some bags,the larger the country the more you may find,america has more chanels then uk and france together,they are very quick to solve any problems,which is the main thing,i wouldnt let a progame put you off,judge for yourself when you go to choose,if you dont like, dont buy,but im sure your be happy,

I don't have any issues with my chanels now, they are doing well. Though I only started last year, my first chanel going 1 year is still a perfect bag imo.

and, if you really love chanel bags, go for it :smile:

Even the best brand sometimes has hiccups, no one is perfect.

Thank you for your input guys. Think hubby was getting excited there for a minute cos he thought he wouldnt need to buy my handbag!! But will break the bad news to him later that its full steam ahead to Paris in May/June!!

Thank you again - I can start getting excited again!!

I will say one thing, any quality issue I have had has always been addressed by Chanel very quickly and efficiently. They really do stand by their bags. I dont hesitate to buy Chanel bags!

If it makes you more comfortable, I have to say that my satin east-west, which I was expecting to get snags and flat quilting by now, given the way I treat it, is holding up fine after being used every other day for half a year. It's suprisingly durable for such a delicate fabric. Lambskin though, really does scratch easily, and their new lambskin has flatter quilts than the classic ones.

I don't have much experience to go off of since i just purchased my first in november.. I will say that I had to take it back in cause the flap was curving out after a month.. HOWEVER.. they gave me a new one on the spot so it was taken care of and this one has not had any issues.

I have a lambskin vintage flap and I took it out last night to a college bar (I know, what was I thinking?!) and it held up beautifully! I think what everyone is saying about the bad things sticking out more than the good is very true.