Chanel Handbags Made in France - RARE??!!

Yingtwilight

Jul 22, 2016
IMG_1267.JPG Hi all Chanel lovers ~~~~

I've watched a Youtube video made by SuperDaco recently talking about how to score a Chanel Classic Flap (the Jumbo size) that's made in France ... He made points that since the demands are so high, the french factory couldn't keep up with the production, the fashion house has to outsource the production to Italy...then it got me thinking about the origins of all my Chanel collections (to name a few below)

1. Beige PST
2. 2 x rectangular minis
3. Mademoiselle (medium-sized)
4. Reissue (medium-sized)
5. Combon small cross-body bag

a few pics here:
IMG_1213.JPG

IMG_0227.JPG
They are ALL made in Italy ... of course, the SLGs are made in Italy as well... few pairs of my Chanel earrings were made in France, then the rest of them were all made in Italy.

Well... here comes to the question:
- Do you mind the if your Chanel (i.e. a France-origined Fashion house) handbags are all made in Italy rather than FRANCE?
- Do you plan to get a france-made Chanel handbag?

Let me know your thoughts please... Cuz now.. I can't stop thinking about the origins now..

• Love
Reactions: TPFer2015
Sigh. I want to say that I don't mind but I kind of do...I know there are some posters here who say their Made in Italy bags have better-quality construction and leather, etc. but I still prefer my Chanels to be Made in France.

I only have a M/L Classic Flap in silver hardware. It is MIF. (I believe nearly all M/L Classic black, gold or silver hardware, are...but I could be wrong--please correct me if I am.)

I recently let go of my classic black/gold hardware WOC and it was MIF, although I know that there were many I've seen that were MII. I sold it while I consider replacing it with a different style of WOC, or a Mini.

The Reissue Medium (226) is next on my list and I hope for it to be MIF as well. Up until now I've seen those being sold preloved and most were MIF--I guess they have started to outsource them as well. May I ask when/where you bought it?

You have many seasonal pieces (including the rectangular minis)--they tend to be Made in Italy. The WOC I am eyeing right now (also seasonal) is Made in Italy, too.

BTW, I enjoy Super Dacob a lot. I don't know how reliable some of his information is but he seems really into Chanel so unless there is someone to directly counter what he says, I give some credibility to what he says.

Reactions: Yingtwilight
Hi! I haven't checked to see where the few items I own are made. It doesn't bother me if it's France, Italy or Spain. As long as they're made by well-trained people, and not mass-produced in countries that are notorious for poor labor practices!

PS: Love your black reissue. It looks perfect! Your o-case coin purse looks much puffier than mine! Perhaps I should go check where mine's made...

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
As long as there are no flaws and the leather is good, I could care less whether my bag is made in France or Italy. Most, if not all, of my m/l are made in France, so I don't think it is particularly rare to get a made in France bag. I have never really looked on all my other bags... I just pay attention to the individual bag, not to where it was made. Your chevron turquoise mini is absolutely gorgeous, by the way...

Reactions: Plumeria233
Sigh. I want to say that I don't mind but I kind of do...I know there are some posters here who say their Made in Italy bags have better-quality construction and leather, etc. but I still prefer my Chanels to be Made in France.

I only have a M/L Classic Flap in silver hardware. It is MIF. (I believe nearly all M/L Classic black, gold or silver hardware, are...but I could be wrong--please correct me if I am.)

I recently let go of my classic black/gold hardware WOC and it was MIF, although I know that there were many I've seen that were MII. I sold it while I consider replacing it with a different style of WOC, or a Mini.

The Reissue Medium (226) is next on my list and I hope for it to be MIF as well. Up until now I've seen those being sold preloved and most were MIF--I guess they have started to outsource them as well. May I ask when/where you bought it?

You have many seasonal pieces (including the rectangular minis)--they tend to be Made in Italy. The WOC I am eyeing right now (also seasonal) is Made in Italy, too.

BTW, I enjoy Super Dacob a lot. I don't know how reliable some of his information is but he seems really into Chanel so unless there is someone to directly counter what he says, I give some credibility to what he says.
Hi there, thanks for the reply.
My chanel handbag collection was bought all over the world, France, Korea, China. Since I travel a lot and I'm living in Shanghai

Sounds like you are from Europe since that's where mostly likely to get MIF Chanel handbags.

As long as there are no flaws and the leather is good, I could care less whether my bag is made in France or Italy. Most, if not all, of my m/l are made in France, so I don't think it is particularly rare to get a made in France bag. I have never really looked on all my other bags... I just pay attention to the individual bag, not to where it was made. Your chevron turquoise mini is absolutely gorgeous, by the way...
Thanks, Katiebal.
The turquoise mini is my latest purchase. :smile:

Reactions: katiebal
Hi there, thanks for the reply.
My chanel handbag collection was bought all over the world, France, Korea, China. Since I travel a lot and I'm living in Shanghai

Sounds like you are from Europe since that's where mostly likely to get MIF Chanel handbags.
I bought my M/L flap (black/shw) and WOC in Canada! But I was also looking at a M/L flap (black/ghw), and a Small flap (black/shw), in London, which were also MIF.

Having said that...I bought my Louis Vuitton Totally MM "the diaper bag" in London. It's a MIF too. In the Canadian boutiques and I believe, most American stores, they tend to be Made In USA. There are definitely regional differences with LV when it comes to their Made In stock. I was going to get it if it was Made In USA anyway; it was just cheaper in London than in a US or Canadian store.

I am thinking about getting a new WOC, Reissue style, and it is Made in Italy. I will get it anyway if I decide to. I have my psychological preferences...but it won't stop me from getting the item I want.

I bought my M/L flap (black/shw) and WOC in Canada! But I was also looking at a M/L flap (black/ghw), and a Small flap (black/shw), in London, which were also MIF.

Having said that...I bought my Louis Vuitton Totally MM "the diaper bag" in London. It's a MIF too. In the Canadian boutiques and I believe, most American stores, they tend to be Made In USA. There are definitely regional differences with LV when it comes to their Made In stock. I was going to get it if it was Made In USA anyway; it was just cheaper in London than in a US or Canadian store.

I am thinking about getting a new WOC, Reissue style, and it is Made in Italy. I will get it anyway if I decide to. I have my psychological preferences...but it won't stop me from getting the item I want.
LVs-wise, all mine are MIF...I've been getting from France, US and China... I've learnt from US-based Youtubers that some LV handbags are made in USA which was news to me.
Anyway, after all these MII Chanel handbag purchases... I've made my mind that the next purchase should be MIF

:)