Chanel Handbag hanger

I'm not going to lie, I would look askance if I saw anyone using this. To hang a bag off the edge of a table? Say, in a restaurant? That just seems odd to me, both in terms of how it appears you value your possessions and the sheer audaciousness of the display. No offense intended. I just find these contraptions very curious. I wonder if I am the only one?

I have always wondered why people treat Chanel bags as anything other than what they are: largely massed produced goods that are fun, meant to be loved and used. Putting it on display on the corner of a table seems like something worthy of a statue, but not a handbag. It is, after all, just a purse. Mine goes on the floor with no problem. But then again, maybe some of you think that's gross!

Just a matter of differing tastes. ;)

If I saw a purse hanger being used in at restaurant or out anywhere I would think it would be putting out an invitation to be swiped by a sprinter. (So I'm a cynic -- I lived in DC for a long time and D.C. like N.Y. there is no shortage of people who would steal your drawers, thong, if given half an opportunity.)

I use the Purse Hook, although NEVER like they show in those pictures. I totally agree, that way it screams "grab me if you can"! In the first photo, the girl should have the "hook" on the side of the table by the wall, and much closer to her as well. I try to use mine as discretely as possible and certainly not on display...but then again, those photos were probably advertisements and meant to showcase the product and bag.

I use these only when I cannot hook it safely on the back of my chair. I use it purely because I don't want to put it on the floor or have it exposed to where it could easily be stolen. It is actually much less visible and much less accessible when it is on a hanger mostly under the table. Perhaps for some, it is a way to display your bag, but I think, for most, it is a convenience and a sanitation issue.

Dior makes a very pretty purse hanger. I know this is the Chanel forum, but I would actually buy Dior's before buying Chanel's!

I like it when tables have built-in purse hooks underneath. Harrod's has them, and it's so convenient. And your purse is discreetly under the table, instead of hanging off the side.

Ok, am I the only one who puts their purse on an extra chair? I have never had to put my purse on the floor. It either goes on the back of the chair, on an extra chair or it can share my seat.

Ok, am I the only one who puts their purse on an extra chair? I have never had to put my purse on the floor. It either goes on the back of the chair, on an extra chair or it can share my seat.

bellabags i do that too! i usually ask for an extra chair..although sometimes i put in between my back and the chair (if that makes sense).

the purse hook, while a clever and practical idea, could actually draw undue attention, especially from shady people. since they are not commonly used people will take a second look and once they see it's for a bag they will automatically assume the bag is an expensive one (which it probably is). wouldn't it be easier to steal a bag from one of these hooks? like couldn't a thief run past and just snatch it off? :confused1:

I don't know about this Chanel Handbag hook. It does sounds very cute! I know Christian Dior made a handbag hook last year with diamonte.. it was expensif though around £170.00 if I remember well.
I got this cool handbag hook for my trendy sister for Christmas. A foldable Banksy Handbag hook. She loved it! I really like this accessory, I think it is always an original cheap gift.
The problem if you ask me is that most shops sale these cheesy handbag hooks with rhinestones..I hate these.
Check out this online shop www.mybaghanger.com where I got my sisters' handbag hook. They have a lots of cool and funky designs.

I use the Purse Hook, although NEVER like they show in those pictures. I totally agree, that way it screams "grab me if you can"! In the first photo, the girl should have the "hook" on the side of the table by the wall, and much closer to her as well. I try to use mine as discretely as possible and certainly not on display...but then again, those photos were probably advertisements and meant to showcase the product and bag.

I think you are write...,every time i see an advert for these handbag hooks... it looks like it's made to be stolen ....LOL! I use a handbag hook all the time but i hook the handbag so it is between my legs. not on the side of the table where it makes it easy to grab :yahoo:

I carry one of these hooks in my bag all the time, but the only time I have ever used it was in a public washroom once, where there was no hook, and I didn't want to put my bag on the floor.

I'm curious to see how it looks!!! I have a Louis Vuitton one in my purse permanently. There are many times you go to restaurants with tight spaces and there are no additional chairs for my pursey, so what I do is I take out my purse hook, place it on the table on the side that is less visible to the public (e.g. if my table is against a wall) and it is then out of sight and off the floor! :smile:

Dior makes a very pretty purse hanger. I know this is the Chanel forum, but I would actually buy Dior's before buying Chanel's!

I like it when tables have built-in purse hooks underneath. Harrod's has them, and it's so convenient. And your purse is discreetly under the table, instead of hanging off the side.

I've seen the Dior ones. Definitely pretty and with LOTS of bling.

I do the same! :yes:

I actually spotted one at Brussels boutique in November. It was a very simple design of ceramic like rectangluar block about the size of my index finger. Half was white and half was black. It's not really a practical design I must say, with the hook part sticking out a lot. Lots of places sell much more compact design with the hook part that wraps around and those are much easier to carry around. And Chanel one doesn't even hold well! I could not hook my 226 to it for an example.

However, even with all that said, if I find one with camellia embossed (I believe they did this several years ago) somewhere, I would most likely buy it simply for the look. It's basically same design as the one I saw in Brussels but with camellia embossed all over, as in the style of camellia wallets. I noticed at least one tPFer has this. (I saw it at accessory reference thread about couple years ago.)