Chanel guilt

ike0626

May 20, 2019
hi everyone. i just bought my first chanel. so excited! its the pink chevron classic flap. i haven't used it yet since im worried about it getting ruined just with color transfer or from every day elements. it was an expensive bag, so i want to try and keep it in good condition as much as possible. does anyone experience any chanel guilt? buying the bag and than feeling nervous to use it. i do have to get over it since its such a pretty bag and a waste to not use. but im scared for it to get ruined. i know there are sprays to try and protect it but i dont want to ruin the bag with the spray too.

Reactions: alisil
I think this is a common fear for people who buy non-black caviar chanel bags. Since it is your first chanel bag, I would have recommended a black caviar one! They are pretty indestructible. If you can't return it, there is a chain about how to treat light colored bags. Many use a spray to make it less color transfer resistent, but you still have to be careful.

I would wear the bag and enjoy it. Life is short!

I just sprayed Collonil Carbon Pro on my new beige reissue mini recently and it doesn’t seem to have made any difference to the leather, threat or hardware. Now I wear the bag without any worries! Granted, it’s very new, but so far so good and no color transfers!

I think this is a common fear for people who buy non-black caviar chanel bags. Since it is your first chanel bag, I would have recommended a black caviar one! They are pretty indestructible. If you can't return it, there is a chain about how to treat light colored bags. Many use a spray to make it less color transfer resistent, but you still have to be careful.

thanks for the information. i was actually deciding between the pink and the black and ultimately went for the pink since pink is seasonal and black is so readily available. the black one will be my next purchase. however i feel like i would still feel the same way with the black bag due to the price point. life is definitely short and i need to enjoy the bag. i just dont want it to get ruined. i have read about sprays but scared the spray will ruin the bag.

I just sprayed Collonil Carbon Pro on my new beige reissue mini recently and it doesn’t seem to have made any difference to the leather, threat or hardware. Now I wear the bag without any worries! Granted, it’s very new, but so far so good and no color transfers!

thanks...i will check it out.

hi everyone. i just bought my first chanel. so excited! its the pink chevron classic flap. i haven't used it yet since im worried about it getting ruined just with color transfer or from every day elements. it was an expensive bag, so i want to try and keep it in good condition as much as possible. does anyone experience any chanel guilt? buying the bag and than feeling nervous to use it. i do have to get over it since its such a pretty bag and a waste to not use. but im scared for it to get ruined. i know there are sprays to try and protect it but i dont want to ruin the bag with the spray too.

I feel guilty buying an expensive bag But after I purchase I’m not hesitant to use at all and do enjoy using them frequently .

Go ahead and use and enjoy ur bag ...

I know I’m supposed to be using my bags for their sole purpose of existence. But after collecting many Chanels... I realized I really prefer them sitting pretty in the closet like the rainbow :biggrin:. I have no such guilt anymore. I’m really happy when I see my perfect Chanels in the closet :P. I take them out to admire and that sparks more joy than using them!

Reactions: rugratsfc
Just be careful with it. It IS really pretty. I was deciding between that and the black quilted one too. I ended up with the black because I am very clumsy..
YOLO.. Enjoy it. Everyday is a special day.

congrats on your first bag!! Love pink. I do feel guilty everytime I buy any expensive bag; however, just like everyone else.. I love looking at it in my closet. How you treat your bag is up to you. I have read many use Collonil Carbon Pro. I haven't personally used it myself. I say just be careful with the bag and the color of the clothes you wear. My first bag i got was a grey lambkin mini bag and it got a very light color transfer on it that i was able to get off. I wore a blue sheer type of shirt that i washed many times but still got color transfer on it from that. I have a pink WOC in caviar and haven't seen any color transfer on it .. i also it with blue jeans but i'm super careful.... Just don't wear any dark colors with your bag :smile: . Have fun with your purse!

I know I’m supposed to be using my bags for their sole purpose of existence. But after collecting many Chanels... I realized I really prefer them sitting pretty in the closet like the rainbow :biggrin:. I have no such guilt anymore. I’m really happy when I see my perfect Chanels in the closet :P. I take them out to admire and that sparks more joy than using them!

I'm sure one day you'll use them. It's good to understand yourself and have no guilt though, enjoy them the way you want `;tup:

Reactions: revangelina
At the end of the day had you bought black you would be wishing you'd bought the pink. `As you said, black is always available and perhaps you will get another longterm. It may be your first Chanel but I'm sure not your only bag so just use it lightly and enjoy.

Thank you for this post! I recently acquired a vintage lady, the GST in black caviar and although she has a few miles on her already I do feel a bit more apprehensive about 'totin' her around on a regular basis but she is just too darn classy to leave hanging on a purse hook at home! It's nice to hear the affirmation that the caviar is a sturdy leather :smile:

You should definitely start to use it. Looks for a use in safe conditions, and until you've build more confidence and predictability of unsafe situations, where you would not use it. With expensive bags you need to learn to take the risk, and to forecast the possibility for damage. Start by using the bag at a brunch, or in a nice bar at drinks. Then see what happens, and if there was a real reason to be anxious. If yes, then find a way to avoid/cope with the risky situation the next time. Usually nothing damaging happens to our bags if we take good care of them. Those bags are made to be used and enjoyed.

Reactions: rubyredshooz