Chanel GST, YSL Muse or YSL Downtown? Which one to get?

jackie100

O.G.
Jan 17, 2007
Which one do you like better and why??

I want to get a new bag but I'm so undecided.

I'm not even sure which YSL I like better... The muse is more like last seasons "it" bag but with a very classic look. The Downtown is more newer I guess and also hot.

Chanel is of course always classic.

I really don't know what to get. I was thinking either a Chanel GST in black (I also like beige, but black goes with more), as for the Muse I like it in white but I might consider black or chocolate cause white gets dirty too easily) and as for the Downtown I really don't know, I wouldn't mind it in either white (again the keeping the white clean would be a drawback) or patent black.

YSL is having a sale in a few days so I think the Muse will be on sale, not the Downtowns I want though.

I still don't know what I want... Can you let me know which one of these bags you prefer and why?

Thanks

llson

O.G.
Aug 24, 2006
All of the bags are great, and the bottom line is to get what you REALLY WANT, however, re: YSL, I think the Muse is a classic, (esp. in chocolate or black) the jury is still out on the downtown as far as I'm concerned.

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
you should post photos, I think most of us need them. . . I have no idea what a downtown looks like or which Muse. . . .?

jackie100

O.G.
Jan 17, 2007
you should post photos, I think most of us need them. . . I have no idea what a downtown looks like or which Muse. . . .?
Sure..

1. YSL Downtown Here is a pic of the Downtown in action on Jessica Biel

here in patent black

2. Pammy carrying white Ysl Muse (If I were to get a Muse I would want either a white or black.

Here is another pic

3. Chanel GST

KoobaLover

I Want That Bag
O.G.
Aug 5, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
If it were up to me, I'd choose the Muse! I'm generally not a fan of structured bags, but for some reason I'm really drawn to the shape.

Maybe not the gigantic one that Pam's carrying though...

Cherry44

O.G.
Jan 29, 2007
I guess you're looking for big roomy bag, right?
I would say Muse! In my opinion, of course Chanel is super, but not this style. Muse is the perfect bag! Downtowns are so popular now but few years later, I don't think so. No matter what muse is "ex it bag" still many years will be so hot! Its pretty comfortable bag, nice leather, goes with every outfit!