Chanel GST Tote

shesnaps

Apr 18, 2020
Hi,

Do you think Chanel will ever bring back the GST tote? I have my eye on one Chanel tote and if I really had to choose it'd be this one but I'm not sure if they would ever bring it back.

Reactions: Namwan-
No don´t think so. They will probably bring back similar styles and have done so in the past couple of years but not the exact same style. It was a great price, but then again so were many of the styles they discontinued. Probably got discontinued beacuse they were a good price.

It might make a comeback like 20 years from now. Alot of the old styles like totes and CCH are spinoffs from one's 20 year ago.
I don't think it'll come back anytime soon though. It used to be a classic and then it was discontinued. My husband purchased it in 2013 for my wedding gift. I like it because of the sentimental value but it's super boxy so I don't wear it often. I wear it because he'll ask me why I don't wear it haha. The more you put in like laptop, the more saggy it becomes so you can't overstuff it.

There are other totes that came out that is not as structured or boxy with the same look. I'd try it those.

I bought mine the last year it was sold in the US (maybe 2015 not not positive) and at the time I was told by my SA it was only discontinued in the US. Not sure if that is still the case.

I don’t think so as theyve brought out lots of different totes instead over the year. I love mine. It’s a classic
Do you think its status as a classic will stay in the longer term or is it likely to fade away like older designs? Like I don't see the Medallion and Mademoiselle bags being so popular anymore and resale prices are quite low.

I've been contemplating selling mine and getting a Neverfull (I maintain a one bag out, one bag in discipline) but not sure if I'll regret the decision.

If not a Neverfull then maybe a Lady Dior instead.

Hi! I don’t think the GST will ever come back exactly as it was. I went nuts over the GST and have several. My SA told me Chanel discontinued it because it was priced so low and they could not just double the price of that bag to $4K. Most totes now are $4K or more. Oh... and guess what, there is a new bag out I saw that to me is a GST copycat only the GST looks much better. I love my GST and it’s the perfect tote for me. If it were me, I would sell the Lady Dior. That bag to me is a bit stuffy looking now for today’s lifestyle. Plus... and this is the real issue to me... it is so hard to get things in and out of it as the zipper opening is rather tight. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 0E2B9F83-39EE-4A62-8840-53823C9E509A.png
    0E2B9F83-39EE-4A62-8840-53823C9E509A.png
    940.9 KB · Views: 84
Hi! I don’t think the GST will ever come back exactly as it was. I went nuts over the GST and have several. My SA told me Chanel discontinued it because it was priced so low and they could not just double the price of that bag to $4K. Most totes now are $4K or more. Oh... and guess what, there is a new bag out I saw that to me is a GST copycat only the GST looks much better. I love my GST and it’s the perfect tote for me. If it were me, I would sell the Lady Dior. That bag to me is a bit stuffy looking now for today’s lifestyle. Plus... and this is the real issue to me... it is so hard to get things in and out of it as the zipper opening is rather tight. Hope this helps.
That one that just came out is actually one that was a vintage from before the gst. They are bringing back old vintage models and selling it again.

I guess you're right. I still love the Lady D so maybe I'll keep both. By the way where did you see this bag?

I googled and found the older bag. This is reason to hang on to the GST I guess. Even if I doesn't get relaunched I realised I don't want to sell it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210220-075628__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20210220-075628__01.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 49
  • Screenshot_20210220-075418__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20210220-075418__01.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 49
  • Screenshot_20210220-075619.jpg
    Screenshot_20210220-075619.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 47
  • Screenshot_20210220-075442__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20210220-075442__01.jpg