Chanel GST or Lady Dior ???

You're in the Chanel forum, so it's most likely going to be Chanel. I think the Chanel will give you more bang for your buck. The GST is a great everyday bag (lower cost per wear). The only downfall is that it can get heavy (for some tPFers, but not for me). Overall, I think it's a better investment than the Dior.

GST. I just got one and I loveeeeeeeeeeee it. It is such a practical bag. I love the fact that you have all these seperate sections to put things in. I use to carry an LV neverfull everyday and I got annoyed with having everything thrown in one big pocket.

Thanks for all your comments. I love the Lady Dior style, but I also think that GST is more classy, Furthermore as chanel is increasing the prices constantly the GST can be seen somehow as an "investment" , right ? :lol: The GST costs currently 1610€ in Europe and the Lady Dior 1700€... but as I love both, I think, i should go first for the GSt and later on for the Lady Dior :woohoo: hihihi

Well dior increase their price too like last year the Lady dior was 1450 now its 1700 concerning GST they only increased from 1540 to 1610 which is not huge.

I actually find that the LD is more classier than GST even if I like GST very much! I tried it and found that it is stunning but if you want a more practical go for GST

I love both bags. GST is a shoulder bag and Lady Dior is handheld. It has a shoulder strap but using it takes away from the look of the bag (IMO).

But, like love_miu said the shoulder straps of the GST do not stay on my shoulder. My left shoulder slopes but that is where I put my bag. But, if you are willing to work with it constantly (slip one under the other), it will stay. That is an issue with any (two handle) shoulder bags that I have. Will this irritate you in the long run? Only you can answer that.

I have a GST that I am debaiting returning :sad: but my heart leaps everytime I see it so I am not able to decide.

Hi everyone, im also thinking of getting the GST.
I have a Louis vuitton Delightful in GM and that strap (its only one big strap) used to slip from my shoulder PERMANENTLY. but kept using the bag since i had bought it. after a while the strap got softer and now it stays perfectly on the shoulder. so maybe the straps just slip when they are new?

anyone around here having the GST for a longer period? do they improve?

In my opinion, it depends on your style and the purpose for the bag. The GST looks great both casually and for work, whereas the Lady Dior looks slightly more elegant?? I think I prefer the lady dior! Good luck deciding!