Chanel GST or Celine MIcro

emjetz

O.G.
May 25, 2011
Hi ladies, I'm saving to purchase a tote to use for work/travel...which do you think is a better buy? I love both but only can choose one. For those lucky ladies who own both..which do u prefer? Which hold its shape better? I don't carry a lot with me honestly..just a long wallet and make up pouch for daily but I love the extra space just in case I need to put a small water bottle with me. ;)
Anyone?

I think both are completely different styles, I've always been a fan of Celine bags as their shape is gorgeous, but there's something about Chanel that's so dreamy and classic. I think most people will respond with Chanel here though! Which one makes your heart skip a beat the most when you look at it?

I think both are completely different styles, I've always been a fan of Celine bags as their shape is gorgeous, but there's something about Chanel that's so dreamy and classic. I think most people will respond with Chanel here though! Which one makes your heart skip a beat the most when you look at it?

Chanel..but I do love the look of Celine micro sometimes.....;)

I used to dream of having a Celine bag, but now I think their too much of an "it" bag. I think the GST will stand the test of time. I have a beige Claire one and love it.

The Chanel just seems more classic to me.... Celine has gone through so many changes with their handbags, like they all of a sudden drop their previous style and start something completely new, and you never see the old bags again... Chanel is more steady IMHO, even at their trendiest...

Neither :sad:
But to answer your question about which holds it's shape better, I would say the GST.

Here's why I think they both have their drawbacks for me....

I've had the GST for a few years and I like that I can swing it on my shoulders. However when it's on my shoulders my arm ends up squishing the front of the bag flat against my side, which can result in those dented sides that look like your harm weighs 10 tons and crushed the bag. So I don't so that. What's the problem? I end up swinging the bag all the way to the back so that the sides/corners where the zipper ends (pictured) hits the back of my arm. And then it becomes lop-sided. You can see how the "w" is no longer even because the back of my arms dug into it.

Yes... I'm totally nit picky!! :smile: and these are totally minor issues.

As for the Celine. I don't have the micro but have one size bigger. The flared sides are beautiful. But are also prone to lose its shape. If I were all about the flares, it would be the Celine. The original. :smile: I baby all my bags and even babying it and using it a handful of times over the past couple of years, a dent is inevitable. Mine has a clothe exterior, but is leather lined. There is stiffness to the side of the bag, so it's not as if it's soft and therefore dent prone. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1399041863.064042.jpg

I love Celine bags.

But the problem is Celine bags are heavy. Micro is tad heavier than my Nano.

For what you want to fit in there, nano is big enough for you. You can only carry Micro by hand not over the shoulder so you can't carry it all day.

I also love my GST. I can put my laptop into the open compartment. And use purse organizer with a zipper(search for Valentine 2014's sharing).

If I were you, I'd get a GST or nano. And between GST and nano, I'd go for GST for more space

Celine prices have gone up so much that I feel it is not that worth the price. For the same prices, I'd get a GST