Chanel GST (different caviars used for handle)

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. 40% off dresses, jumpsuits and sandals at Nordstrom. Sale ends Thursday at 9am EST. Click or tap to shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Is this normal to happen in a GST bag? The left handle is more pebbled and rough than the right handle that seems pebbled yet flat. Just been reading about the shiny and matte caviar and I looked at my GST and this is what I've found out. Is this a flaw or just natural grain of the caviar leather? The bag is 2 years old already. Just saw it today. Haven't noticed it before. Is this a flaw that I should be worried and take to chanel boutique? Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. I don't think this is a flaw, it is most likely due to wear (when you overlap the straps) especially since you said the bag is already 2 years old. I do own a few GSTs, but I don't really wear mine so I haven't noticed this problem with my bags, but maybe someone else who has worn their GSTs quite a bit can chime in?

edsltan likes this.
  3. the leather is different for any bags, it's a skin and the animal have not a regular skin

edsltan likes this.
  4. I just checked my GST for you and it didn't have this problem. I only wear it for 2 month.

Attached Files:

5. Thanks! Funny how I had a true caviar on one side and a washed caviar on the other. Haha!

6. Leather is never perfect. You just noticed it after 2 years...don't worry about it!

7. Yeah. My worry is, will it also happen to classic flaps? Thats my worry actually. GST is just fine.

8. I just purchased a jumbo classic flap in black caviar yesterday....it is beautiful!!!!

9. Really? Wow! In our boutique caviars are hard to find.

10. I wouldn't worry about the same thing happening to the classic flaps, as the straps are woven in with the chains, so don't worry:smile: enjoy your bags!

Plumeria233 likes this.