Chanel GST Box

Some SAs in Paris asked if I would like to have a box.
While some others don't asked, they just put it in the cloth then into the paper bag. I had to specifically ask for a box.

i went to buy my first chanel (GST) yesterday and the SA brought it out in the large, hard box and i was thinking, great, i'm going to get my bag in this box rather than the other one, but when she took the bag out, it had gold hardware instead of silver, i was so disappointed but i'm holding out for the silver. i know the box is not a big deal for some but i like the packaging for what i was going to pay!

if the gst box is the side entry one i think having it is futile. it falls apart over not too much time in my experience--it's very flimsy. (and actually one of my lamb maxis came in a box like that and i am still kinda mad about that) and bags like that and reissue camera cases etc really don't need box in my opinion... interesting to me is that my beige fabric nature flap came in box similar to gst but much stiffer with a corrugated inside... maybe to keep the fabric propped up... but gsts are stiff enough to stand tall by themselves :smile:

wow--this is an interesting phenomenon

All my Chanel bags, GST and even the WOC comes in a black hard boxes!
I even ask for extra boxes at the boutique.

The GST usually arrives in store with the big hard black box and contains 2 GST.
SA usually put a lot of tissue paper and put in your GST when you purchase it.

Bought a new GST from Rome boutique a few days back and it didn't come with any box, just wrapped in tissue papers and ribbon. When I asked my SA for a box she gave me a huge box similar to the usual GST box but massive! What do I do with that box? Can't even fit into my chest drawers.. guess it will end up in the recycle bin outside my kids' school