Chanel GST Box

gnourtmat

Jan 5, 2008
I recently bought a GST and I was hoping I would get the hard Chanel box with a lid but I got a flimsy box :cry:

I saw on other threads that bigger Chanel bags don't come with the hard box, only little ones... is that true?

Jul 8, 2007
For several years now the GST has come with a very thin box. Now I think all bags will come with a thinner box.

miyake0214

earthling
O.G.
Dec 16, 2009
trekking the face of the earth
Maybe, it depends on the SA too.
When I bought my GST from BG, it was contained in a flimsy box.
My jumbo beige caviar came in a flimsy box too, from NM.
But my maxi chevron came in a hard box with a lid and I got this from Bloomies.
I purchased all of them this month.

preciousp

O.G.
Jul 7, 2007
The GST doesn't come in the hard boxes w/lids. The only bags I have that came in that type box were my Jumbo & Maxi. My GST & most of my larger tote type bags came in a thinner box.

sweetkisses

Aug 9, 2006
I think that for the price of all Chanel handbags, the packaging should be much more impressive. It should be a nice leather bound box.

Niwaka Dame

Nov 10, 2009
New Jersey
My GST from 07 came in a flimsy thin box. Pretty sad because big LV bags still come with those hard boxes and I expect more from Chanel.

nighteyes

♥
O.G.
Apr 15, 2008
sweetkisses ~ A leather-bound box!??! Even H doesn't do that, and have you seen their prices recently? :P

HoyaLV

Jun 11, 2009
My GST came in a flimsy box but my jumbos came in a hard box. To be honest, I don't have much use for boxes and they take up too much space. But I would still like to always get a nice hard box just bc I paid $$$ for the bag :smile: Leather bound sounds dreamy!

Jaded81

back on TPF!
O.G.
May 27, 2007
My Portobello came in a thin box that opened from the side as opposed to the top