Chanel Graffiti Backpack -- Love or hate??

sdye

May 29, 2013
Chanel's Spring / Summer 2014 backpack is inspiring some strong opinions. Both love and hate. What do you think? Trendy? Ugly? Chic?

I fell in love with this backpack after seeing it on the runway. Love the casual look. I am imagining taking it on my summer trips next year (planning to see Sweden and hopefully Greece).
Even shopping around town would be great. I do a lot of travelling by bike here in Amsterdam, and most traditional bags don't play well with bikes.
Am on the waitlist for the light grey one :cool: :graucho:

Pic sources:
http://www.purseblog.com/chanel-bags/purseblog-asks-wear-chanel-backpack.html
http://chanel-news.chanel.com/en/home/2013/10/collector-backpack.html
http://www.spottedfashion.com/2013/10/01/chanel-spring-2014-runway-bag-collection/

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 8,538
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 6,205
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 3,090
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 3,233
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 3,556

sdye

May 29, 2013
The price will be around €3000...

And I've heard that there will be only 2 pieces per boutique and only black and brown-beige colors...
For comparison I believe the tweed fall 2012 backpacks were $2400-$3300 depending on size. I would expect a similar price for this year's bag unless there is more info. My SA doesn't have the price yet.

jucia

Nov 15, 2013
For comparison I believe the tweed fall 2012 backpacks were $2400-$3300 depending on size. I would expect a similar price for this year's bag unless there is more info. My SA doesn't have the price yet.

I've heard that from my PS, but let us know when you'll get the price, maybe it won't be that bad ;)

And I'm madly in love with that greyish-light blue backpack but this time I was reasonable and didn't put myself on the list cause I know I probably wouldn't use it that often ;)

Last edited:

sdye

May 29, 2013
I've heard that from my PS, but let us know when you'll get the price, maybe it won't be that bad ;)

And I'm madly in love with that greyish-light blue backpack but this time I was reasonable and didn't put myself on the list cause I know I probably wouldn't use it that often ;)

:smile: hope I get lucky and it won't be so much! If it is I will have to decline the bag. At €3k it's the price of a medium flap, which rightfully should be in another league vs a backpack! Even if I will wear this as much as a new flap for the next few years, it probably won't get regular use a decade from now. I'm sure my SA would understand... But let's still hope for the low end of the range!

jucia

Nov 15, 2013
:smile: hope I get lucky and it won't be so much! If it is I will have to decline the bag. At €3k it's the price of a medium flap, which rightfully should be in another league vs a backpack! Even if I will wear this as much as a new flap for the next few years, it probably won't get regular use a decade from now. I'm sure my SA would understand... But let's still hope for the low end of the range!

Fingers crossed for you :smile: And you are absolutely right, a backpack should not be so expensive, even though it comes from the runway collection... :nono: That's why I decided on another bag instead :cool: