Chanel Glazed Calfskin Bag

Guccigewww

Mar 4, 2020
Hello All,

Looking to venture into my first Chanel (pre-loved), I've seen a lot of Chanel Glazed Calfskins on Fashionphile for great prices (2k-3k) I was wondering what y'all thought of the Glazed Calfskins.

Thank you for your help and I hope you are staying healthy.

I bought a Chanel glazed calfskin Deauville in September 2017. Was gorgeous when new, and the leather went from a shiny black to an oil slick look after a year or so. Brought it back to the 57th store in NYC last fall and they told me it was a defect. I’m not so eager to buy that type of leather again.

Attachments

• AB5C83C6-CD5A-438A-858B-1BF513B55F02.jpeg
    AB5C83C6-CD5A-438A-858B-1BF513B55F02.jpeg
    231.4 KB · Views: 126
  • 0D09FBEE-D49D-47CA-BC39-7F9200273BEC.jpeg
    0D09FBEE-D49D-47CA-BC39-7F9200273BEC.jpeg
    244.9 KB · Views: 132
I bought a Chanel glazed calfskin Deauville in September 2017. Was gorgeous when new, and the leather went from a shiny black to an oil slick look after a year or so. Brought it back to the 57th store in NYC last fall and they told me it was a defect. I’m not so eager to buy that type of leather again.
Hi! I just purchased this bag in like new condition and am now wondering if I should return it? When you say oil slick look, do you mean that it changed colors?

Hi! I just purchased this bag in like new condition and am now wondering if I should return it? When you say oil slick look, do you mean that it changed colors?

When I purchased this bag new, it was gorgeous. Is was a shiny black. I loved it. It didn’t take long for the black leather to slowly start turning into what I called oil slick or iridescent color. You can see in these pics. Chanel told me that the glazing process was defective and they gave me a full credit for the bag.

I don’t know it this will happen to all
of the glazed calfskin bags they make, I just wanted to share my experience. I looked up the same bag I had a on fashionphile and other similar sites. They also showed this oil slick change to the leather on those bags too.

Attachments

• 5D4EBC58-3ABC-48F1-8565-C265D2122DCD.jpeg
    5D4EBC58-3ABC-48F1-8565-C265D2122DCD.jpeg
    215.9 KB · Views: 60
  • FC133D67-AEAF-4FB5-8791-BE8C321F3C0F.jpeg
    FC133D67-AEAF-4FB5-8791-BE8C321F3C0F.jpeg
    209.7 KB · Views: 60
When I purchased this bag new, it was gorgeous. Is was a shiny black. I loved it. It didn’t take long for the black leather to slowly start turning into what I called oil slick or iridescent color. You can see in these pics. Chanel told me that the glazing process was defective and they gave me a full credit for the bag.

I don’t know it this will happen to all
of the glazed calfskin bags they make, I just wanted to share my experience. I looked up the same bag I had a on fashionphile and other similar sites. They also showed this oil slick change to the leather on those bags too.
Thank you! I really appreciate the additional information. Do you remember what series your bag was? Since I’m not the original owner, Chanel likely won’t deem it defective and give me a credit so it may not be worth taking a chance

Thank you! I really appreciate the additional information. Do you remember what series your bag was? Since I’m not the original owner, Chanel likely won’t deem it defective and give me a credit so it may not be worth taking a chance

You’re welcome. Not sure the exact series. I purchased it in Barcelona Spain in September 2017. I just wanted to share because if you purchased it pre loved, Chanel will not issue a credit if it’s defective.

I LOVE the Deauville and ending up getting another black leather bag. This leather is a lot more durable. It also maintains its shape compared to my glazed calfskin Deauville. I use it as a travel tote often, and am very happy with it!

Attachments

• 7E8069C6-1E4A-49EA-8B66-9EB8BC5F58E7.jpeg
    7E8069C6-1E4A-49EA-8B66-9EB8BC5F58E7.jpeg
    227.2 KB · Views: 31