Chanel Girls - Are you ears turning deaf?

:yes: She's into CL and Manolos and wear designer clothes. Her only designer bags are Coach and MJ. According to her, Chanel is OLD and Hermes is for the insane.

She wears Manolos and won't spend money on a Chanel bag? Okay......no offense to Coach or MJ but those are soooooooooo overdone. I can't go anywhere without seeing one of those bags. One of my friends out in San Bernardino bought a fake Coach out of some guys trunk. Chanel is NOT old...it is simply the best. They are just trying to get you mad. That one girl is totally irrational and not "with it" anyways. You rock and have total style. They are just being arrogant.

That's sa that people make comments like that... I agree with what was posted earlier; it's jealousy. This may sound odd, but one of my family friends always carries her stuff around in shopping bags, although she has a lot of money. One day she looked at me and said, "I work too hard to waste my money on a purse." I replied, "I work too hard to use a paper bag." I said it politely.

I think everyone has a guilty pleasure in life, at least ours is legal and lovely.

this is such a great thread, sophie..
DH always nags at me for spending on bags (bought all myself cos i work)...until i couldnt bear it anymore and have to hide my bags at my parent's place...so that my mother will help to carry and introduce the new ones that he has never seen before, and he'll think that the bags belong to her, before i "borrow" them to use..

yes, i know its pathetic! that's why this is such a great thread to vent.....

Hey, that's not a bad idea. :smile: Whenever I acquire something new, I have to wait until the coast is clear, then tippie tippie toe my way from the garage to my bedroom to hide the box. If DH discovers me in the middle, I have to quickly throw the the box somewhere, like throwing a basketball. :P

It's just me and two others and since I'm the boss one doesn't say anything and the other just rolls her eyes. I really don't take it personal because she is just not into bags; she has an unidentifiable Lime Green bag that she carrys every day and she says it's the first bag she has ever bought :wtf:. She doesn't wear any makeup, rolls out of bed about 15 minutes before she has to leave for work, but we always laugh together because she is addicted to shoes. Granted they are tennies, but she has over 200 pair. We all have our thing :yes: - M

HAAHAA....my male cousin laughs at my bag addiction. He collects Air Jordan shoes, so I laugh at him. :P

Hey, that's not a bad idea. :smile: Whenever I acquire something new, I have to wait until the coast is clear, then tippie tippie toe my way from the garage to my bedroom to hide the box. If DH discovers me in the middle, I have to quickly throw the the box somewhere, like throwing a basketball. :P

Yep, been there too... DH is OK with me buying bags...but not 4 Chanels in 1 month! The last 2, I had to come home early, throw them in the back of my closet and throw out the bags/boxs in the garbage can on the next corner... It's all my money, I just don't need the comments from him too!

I don't get that from anyone. But, I really believe that other people who are not into bags just think it is silly, they are not necessarily jealous at all. Let's say someone is totally into old baseball cards or something that we don't "get". That person might blog on a site, buy cards for lots of money, etc. We might think, OMG what a freak! But everyone has different tastes, which makes it fun! That said, I see how this could make you uncomfortable after a while, I mean, enough is enough. I think your collegues and friends have found something they can rib you about and it is fun for them. Stop responding, and they will find something else to do.

I honestly don't get a ton of these comments. A few at times but nothing major. I just don't see the big deal. Other people spend money on things that I don't. Example: plasma TVs. I don't get them. I own one b/c my DH desperately wanted it but that was "his" toy. I would have been happy with my 10 year old TV. I still own a DVD player from 1997 and I love it because it is so simple. It honestly has all of 5 buttons. I couldn't care less about an iPhone or other "cool" gadgets.

I just don't know why people get on these tangents about "You should have done X" with your money. We all have our vices. No need to feel bad about them so long as you can afford it IMHO!

I do have to add that no, comments like that are often NOT about jealousy, merely different priorities. I know plenty of people who would much rather spend money elsewhere which is fine. They really do think a $2000 handbag is stupid and they are entitled to think that. They aren't jealous of my purses just like I'm not jealous of their home theater with surround sound. It's all relative. :smile:

Oye... it kind of irks me when people make those types of comments. It's like, you don't know what type of financial situation I'm in.. you're not making the $$ I'm spending.. what gives you the right to give an opinion on how I spend it! I usually say... "Everyone has a nitch.. and handbags just happen to be my nitch.. get use to it.. and get over it.. :rolleyes:"...(in a nice tone of course...& rolling the eyes in my mind)

eh, people are entitled to their own opinions...although they are sometimes RUDE...they are entitled to them. Just like everyone has their own *thing*...my mom LOVES handbags.. and my father could care less, he lets her do whatever she wants...but if he wants a new phone or exercise equipment...she tends to huff and puff. I'm like...mom you can't do that! Let dad get what he wants because you spent 800 on a purse! So to each his/her own

:hysteric:I hear it all the time, burberryprncess! You're not alone. It seriously makes my blood boil when people say that kinda stuff.

I tend to tell people to butt out and if I'm in the mood to have a full on battle I always pull this saying out "I work 6-7 days a week - I think I deserve a nice bag"

Oh definitely, I don't pay attention to any of the comments anymore. In fact I don't show off my new bags to friends or colleages anymore. I just wear them and if somebody asks if it's new I simply reply "nope".