Chanel gift for her, I need help ladies

purses-for-her

Aug 21, 2008
Hi ladies, I'm looking to buy my gf a chanel purse (or sandals) for her bday. Problem is I don't which one. I live in SF so I know I have some options, please list stores that carry Chanel. I have a very busy schedule and hardly have time for shopping much less for someone else. I much rather buy the item in person but don't object to internet sales aswell. If you ladies have some legit online shops please list them.

She has other and many purses of all different labels, but I know she does not own a Chanel purse. I heard her mention some gladiator type sandals the other day. I have never seen them but she did mention they ran about $1200. <<<That would probably be my max.

Anyway, some help would be nice. I believe she is more on the conservitive side of looks.

That's real sweet of you. I live in SF too, and I get my Chanels from the Maiden Lane boutique. If you need a great SA I could PM you one.

If your budget is around $1200, you could stretch a little and get her a timeless clutch ($1295 if I'm not wrong) - they're really classic looking and is available in black, white and a dark brown from said boutique. I believe a Chanel purse would surprise and elate her! :yes:

The only Chanel gladiators I remember are the knee high ones from 06/07 that Mary-kate Olsen wears and I love them to death, but they are funky.

Chanel doesn't sell online so the only legit online shopping would be ebay (but have it authenticated first here) and some other reselling shops. Sometimes bluefly etc gets Chanel but not often. Saks.com doesn't sell Chanel online or anything.

SF has a few Chanel boutiques I think? I'm sure the NM or Saks sells there as well.

I think the bag would be a better choice versus the shoes (again...I don't know what sandals she wants. The ones im thinking about aren't for sale in stores anymore).

Is $1200 your max for the bag as well? If so...theres a flap right now called the Le Marais flap....and it's a pretty big size and it only retails $1295

Edit: There are pictures in this thread

http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/my-2nd-chanel-le-marais-pics-343509.html

fleur-de-lis, and kara_n you ladies are great. $1200 give or take a few hundred, lol.

SA? Not sure what that means. And is this Maiden Lane around the corner from Gucci?

could you kind ladies post an online catalog or pics of the said purses?

The gladiator sandals are the knee high ones you mentioned. Not being sold anymore, thats gonna be a problem, lol.

kara_n, I just saw your link. Thanks

The Chanel Boutique is across the street from Neiman Marcus on Geary Street; on the same side of the block where the Lacoste store is. SA is short for Sales Associate. Just to tell you, the Chanel boutique closes early like 6 or 7 PM. The bags I would recommend to you for your price range are: the Le Marais ($1300), the timeless clutch ($1300), or the Petit Shopping Tote ($1500). It depends on her style. I bought my PST my Neimans SF too.

she will be thrilled with a chanel bag....classy, timeless, and gorgeous.....the PST is a great bag (stands for Petite Shopping Tote).......caviar leather...more durable for rainy weather...and fog....but any of the bags suggested here are perfect! have fun shopping for her! you're so sweet..

fleur-de-lis, and kara_n you ladies are great. $1200 give or take a few hundred, lol.

SA? Not sure what that means. And is this Maiden Lane around the corner from Gucci?

could you kind ladies post an online catalog or pics of the said purses?

The gladiator sandals are the knee high ones you mentioned. Not being sold anymore, thats gonna be a problem, lol.

kara_n, I just saw your link. Thanks

SA = Sales Assistant and yes, that's the one around the corner from Gucci. I believe Lacoste/Betsey Johnson is next to it. A picture of the timeless clutch in black can be found here :smile: Do tell us when you've decided on what you're getting for your dearest!

Thanks ladies. I will just have to make some time to go downtown and look for something. I need it by mid september, which shouldn't be too bad, unless it has to be shipped from elsewhere. I feel so uneducated and uncomfortable going purse shopping, but then again I'm not into purses, lol:P.

Do you guys know when the fall stuff comes out? Like I said I need something by mid september, any sales going on before then?:shame:

fleur-de-lis, thank you for the link. There was one piece I like from the fall collection, http://www.chanel.com/fashion/8-clutch-bag-1,1,2,4#8-bowling-bag-in-sparkling-calfskin-1,1,8,10 How much does something like this run?

Seems like Chanel is in another league, not to be compared to LV and the likes:shrugs:

Last edited:
U r Very Cute shopping for your GF! I would opt for the handbag over shoes, if you can. She will have & remember that forever. My personal theory, you carry handbags, shoes you walk on! I think my husband loves that I don't really justify shoes... I'm not from CA but I'm sure you can ask around here and find a great SA (Sales Agent) to help you. Alot of them are just awesome.... Good Luck!

Thanks ladies. I will just have to make some time to go downtown and look for something. I need it by mid september, which shouldn't be too bad, unless it has to be shipped from elsewhere. I feel so uneducated and uncomfortable going purse shopping, but then again I'm not into purses, lol:P.

Do you guys know when the fall stuff comes out? Like I said I need something by mid september, any sales going on before then?:shame:

fleur-de-lis, thank you for the link. There was one piece I like from the fall collection, http://www.chanel.com/fashion/8-clutch-bag-1,1,2,4#8-bowling-bag-in-sparkling-calfskin-1,1,8,10 How much does something like this run?

Seems like Chanel is in another league, not to be compared to LV and the likes:shrugs:

The Fall season is already out (started in mid July), :idea:or you can also give her a large wallet (almost looks like a clutch) in caviar leather $915 and Lambskin leather $795.

I was just going to recommend the Wallet on a Chain as well - it's a small purse with credit card slots and zip pockets so it eliminates the need for a separate wallet; will hold a phone and some make-up aside from cash and credit cards. It has a single long strap so it can be worn messenger-style but the strap can also be shortened so the bag can be worn over the shoulder or as a clutch. They are a little less than $1500:smile: