Chanel gal buys Ruby rh Work - and is on the fence

roey

O.G.
Mar 1, 2006
Well, I've been lurking in the bbag form long enough in an effort to educate myself on styles, colors, leather and acronyms. It's time to come out and party with the rest of you! I'm trying to break away from Chanel for a bit to recover from the unrealistic price increases.

I wasn't supposed to end up with one of these. I put myself on the wait-list at Nordstrom AF for a SGH ruby work. That's what I had my heart set on, having just sold a dark red/silver hw Chanel tote. However, on one particularly boring day I called Adrienne Randall at Barneys in Dallas to inquire about stock, and the next thing I knew I was opening up a Barneys charge for the 10% discount and sales tax savings since there is no Barneys presence in my state. She convinced me I needed this bag based on my leather preference - thick, smooth, non veiny, with a slight sheen.

My last bbag purchase was in 2003 when the work style didn't exist. She's a big girl and I need to get used to her presence! I can do big bags but this one feels overwhelming. I'm not sure if she's a keeper, but I want to share another ruby with all of you. It's a very pretty red! My modeling shots are grainy but the stand-alones capture the color and leather nicely.

redexpandable046ms2.jpg

redexpandable053qk8.jpg

redexpandable054cd4.jpg

ruby005oi8.jpg

ruby003be5.jpg

Last edited:
hi roey! Why are you on the fence, it's gorgeous! Really deep red, the one I had (had being the operative word) was not as rich, it was "flatter" if that makes any sense. Looks like it'll break in nicely, too.

And ITA with C4H: "who wears short shorts?!" (and can pull them off) -- YOU! :amuse:

I am drooling over here. Seriously that is one luscious bag. I think it looks fantastic on you!!! Of course do what your heart is telling you but MAN... I LOVE that bag!!!! :girlsigh:

i think your ruby work is gorgeous! the color saturation and leather look really wonderful. it probably only feels overwhelming b/c it hasn't been broken in yet - after it gets slouchier and softer, it won't feel as "boxy."

looks fab on you!

The ruby is gorgeous! I too first bought a work and found it a little too big for day to night wear so I exchanged it for a city, which I really love. The city ended up being much roomier than I thought it would be and is the perfect size bag.

I M truly in live with ruby and your work is beautiful!! She wildefinitely look awesome once she's broken in and slouchy. It just takes a little bit but worth it. And my ruby bag broke in super fast!!

It's beautiful! I love it, and I personally prefer the RH.

I know what you mean about getting used to the size. When I got my first Work I was overwhelmed, too. It seemed so HUGE (and I love big bags)! But now I love it and it doesn't seem so large.

And you do have great legs!

Nice legs BTW! LOL! I have to say that your Ruby Work is a gorgeous bag. I would definately keep it. I don't think it looks too huge on you, although it does seem very square-ish (not in a bad way though). You should keep it. It's always good to have a big bag. You could also use it as an overnighter!

The bag's a keeper. I reckon it looks and feels big because it's all still brand new and the leather is very stiff. Break it in and once you get the signature slouchyness, you'll see why we are nuts about them. I wasn't sure when I first got my Work, but now I use it as a flight or gym bag!

Congrats! And I have to echo the rest, GREAT LEGS roey!

Your Ruby is GORGEOUS. I think it is a keeper. Not too long ago, I also felt an RH Work overwhelming on me but am loving it lots now even when they are not totally broken in yet. Totally OT but you have nicely defined quads!