Chanel Gabrielle

Hi guys, I just got my “new to me” Chanel croc embossed Gabrielle, I bought it preloved, and I haven’t seen one in person before, but I just wanted to know if this is normal? The leather is split on the tassel. should I return it? Orrrr maybe if I take it to the Chanel store, they can fix it for me? It seem weird to me but maybe they all look like this, please let me know if any of yours do to? Thank you!image.jpg

Hi guys, I just got my “new to me” Chanel croc embossed Gabrielle, I bought it preloved, and I haven’t seen one in person before, but I just wanted to know if this is normal? The leather is split on the tassel. should I return it? Orrrr maybe if I take it to the Chanel store, they can fix it for me? It seem weird to me but maybe they all look like this, please let me know if any of yours do to? Thank you!View attachment 4816498
This is normal :smile:

Reactions: Nrivas1
I have the small Gabrielle Hobo ( black ) for about 2 years and I love it.
I used a lot without a single scuff or scratch.

I also have the small Gabrielle backpack , and yes the base of the backpack is sensitive Unlike the base of the hobo , but still it’s my favorite bag.

Reactions: vivaciousbev1
I like the Gabrielle and I have absolutely no scratches on the base of the bag or anywhere else on the bag I actually find it durable. It adds a bit of variety to my collection. Love the mixed metals and the different ways you can wear/style the bag. It’s not the easiest with all the chains and the top portion gets annoying to clean but other than that i can’t think of anything else i don’t like about it. It’s also not very common which is a plus for me.
8371A772-7C63-448E-B8A9-079C739BDFAA.jpeg

Hi, I dont know if it’s too late or not to buy a Gabby bag. But it’s been on my wishlist since I it was out then first time (2017 I think? )

But I heard some issues regading the leather on the chain strap.
Has anybody here got problem with the leather strap?

I dont think it has something to do with how frequent you use that bag. But I dunno …seems like something is making the leather peeled off all of the sudden. Or may be , bad quality of leather?

Can anybody who has owned Gabby for more that 3 or 4years share thoughts here?
Should I go buy it or change my mind…

Thank you so much!

Hi, I dont know if it’s too late or not to buy a Gabby bag. But it’s been on my wishlist since I it was out then first time (2017 I think? )

But I heard some issues regading the leather on the chain strap.
Has anybody here got problem with the leather strap?

I dont think it has something to do with how frequent you use that bag. But I dunno …seems like something is making the leather peeled off all of the sudden. Or may be , bad quality of leather?

Can anybody who has owned Gabby for more that 3 or 4years share thoughts here?
Should I go buy it or change my mind…

Thank you so much!
I’ve had it in small so black chevron since 2019 and no issues so far, although I don’t use it everyday.

Oh …here’s to show what I meant in the previous post regarding the peeled off leather :

14D62944-D992-4C89-94E6-A0D12FDFCF76.jpegBD24B2B4-FB02-4BC5-86F3-255ABBA47A51.jpeg

I found these and I still don’t get it…why this can happen to some Gabrielle owners.

Oh …here’s to show what I meant in the previous post regarding the peeled off leather :

I found these and I still don’t get it…why this can happen to some Gabrielle owners.

I've had mine since 2018 and still looks great. I don't use it daily though and I'm very careful with my bags.
I also don't have any issues with the bag sagging. Mines a small and after I use it I stuff it to the brim with the tissues it came with and store it lying flat with the chains inside.

View attachment 5743813View attachment 5743812

i'm not sure where the photos are from, but that definitely does not look like real leather. it looks more like faux/vegan leather peeling away from a fabric base. real leather will not peel like this even if it's dyed or treated