Chanel Fuchsia Medium Caviar Flap Bag

Smarshall530

Nov 28, 2016
Can anyone give me information on when this bag was released and any other useful knowledge I may need? I will obviously purchase the bag on the secondhand market, but I would like to be relatively well versed in what I am looking for before I go on the hunt.

Thanks everyone,
Stephanie

Oh, I see!

This is the dark pink caviar from Spring/Summer Act II in 2013... pretty colour, but I recall reading here on tpf that this was a very delicate type of caviar leather and that it gets dirty easily... I will search for the threads here and post the links

Oh, I see!

This is the dark pink caviar from Spring/Summer Act II in 2013... pretty colour, but I recall reading here on tpf that this was a very delicate type of caviar leather and that it gets dirty easily... I will search for the threads here and post the links

Thank you so much! I have heard the same, that this bag was very prone to color transfer. I can't wait to see what you find!

The color is beautiful, but it looks like it is the seuded caviar. That caviar did not wear well and had a lot of problems. It was also a dirt magnet, from what I have read.

Did Chanel ever make a true fuchsia colored caviar bag? I have seen a few on eBay, but who knows if they're legitimate or not?

I only know about lambskin fuchsias, for example from Spring/Summer 2014 (I have the rectangular Mini in this colour) but there are for sure people here who know if there were caviar fuchsia bags in the past

Last edited:
Did Chanel ever make a true fuchsia colored caviar bag? I have seen a few on eBay, but who knows if they're legitimate or not?

Not entirely sure. There have been a few lamb versions recently- a current one in chevron ( in mini size, but maybe more sizes?) and 16C had one I believe. If you find one you like but aren't sure in regards to authenticity, I would just authenticate before and after your purchase.

Not sure if you are only looking for the classic cc flap bags, but I saw a true fushia caviar reissue in stores late last year. It's possible that it's still available now.

IMG_1491011627.151235.jpg
Photo is borrowed from tpf member @val