Chanel Fuchsia Medium Caviar Flap Bag

Smarshall530

Nov 28, 2016
Can anyone give me information on when this bag was released and any other useful knowledge I may need? I will obviously purchase the bag on the secondhand market, but I would like to be relatively well versed in what I am looking for before I go on the hunt.

Thanks everyone,
Stephanie

MaryJoe84

Mar 21, 2013
Germany, but soon Ban Island :)
Oh, I see!

This is the dark pink caviar from Spring/Summer Act II in 2013... pretty colour, but I recall reading here on tpf that this was a very delicate type of caviar leather and that it gets dirty easily... I will search for the threads here and post the links

Smarshall530

Nov 28, 2016
Oh, I see!

This is the dark pink caviar from Spring/Summer Act II in 2013... pretty colour, but I recall reading here on tpf that this was a very delicate type of caviar leather and that it gets dirty easily... I will search for the threads here and post the links
Thank you so much! I have heard the same, that this bag was very prone to color transfer. I can't wait to see what you find!

katiebal

Apr 19, 2015
The color is beautiful, but it looks like it is the seuded caviar. That caviar did not wear well and had a lot of problems. It was also a dirt magnet, from what I have read.

Smarshall530

Nov 28, 2016
The color is beautiful, but it looks like it is the seuded caviar. That caviar did not wear well and had a lot of problems. It was also a dirt magnet, from what I have read.
Did Chanel ever make a true fuchsia colored caviar bag? I have seen a few on eBay, but who knows if they're legitimate or not?

katiebal

Apr 19, 2015
Did Chanel ever make a true fuchsia colored caviar bag? I have seen a few on eBay, but who knows if they're legitimate or not?
Not entirely sure. There have been a few lamb versions recently- a current one in chevron ( in mini size, but maybe more sizes?) and 16C had one I believe. If you find one you like but aren't sure in regards to authenticity, I would just authenticate before and after your purchase.

evangeline05

Nov 13, 2012
Not sure if you are only looking for the classic cc flap bags, but I saw a true fushia caviar reissue in stores late last year. It's possible that it's still available now.

IMG_1491011627.151235.jpg
Photo is borrowed from tpf member @val