Chanel from Paris, Other Non-Chanel Goodies, and Chanel Family Shot!

:congrats: on your Wedding & fabulous Honeymoon. Everything is so gorgeous. May you have many many happy years of marriage. With a haul like that, sounds like you married a great guy IMHO! :heart:

Congrats on your marriage! May I ask if Cartier prices vary greatly from U.S.? I was hoping to pick up a Love Bracelet in Paris.
Thank you!
Thank you! Unfortunately, they don't vary very much... After you convert Euro into USD, the prices are actually more expensive. The thing that brings them a little lower than the US prices is the VAT refund, which gets you back about 11-13% of the European price (exact percentage depends on the country, and whether you choose to receive cash or credit). I think depending on the item, it ends up being about 15-20% cheaper, assuming that you'd have to pay tax on the Cartier in the US. (If you have a way to not get taxed on it in the US, then the discount drops to about 10%.) Hopefully that's helpful!!

Reactions: dVn85
:congrats: on your Wedding & fabulous Honeymoon. Everything is so gorgeous. May you have many many happy years of marriage. With a haul like that, sounds like you married a great guy IMHO! :heart:
Thank you, Tulip! I actually buy all of my designer things myself. :biggrin: My designer obsession is my own, so I'm happy to spend my own money on it. (We're also both attorneys, so I'm lucky to have enough disposable income to do so.) We actually made a joke on the plane ride back that he now owns 50% of the bags that I buy during our marriage, since California is a community property state, but I told him that I would be paying off the beige claire with funds from my segregated checking account, using pre-wedding separate property funds, so he has no hope for getting half of my new baby! :P:cool: (Moral of the story: attorneys are nerds.)

Reactions: dVn85
Thank you, Tulip! I actually buy all of my designer things myself. :biggrin: My designer obsession is my own, so I'm happy to spend my own money on it. (We're also both attorneys, so I'm lucky to have enough disposable income to do so.) We actually made a joke on the plane ride back that he now owns 50% of the bags that I buy during our marriage, since California is a community property state, but I told him that I would be paying off the beige claire with funds from my segregated checking account, using pre-wedding separate property funds, so he has no hope for getting half of my new baby! :P:cool: (Moral of the story: attorneys are nerds.)
:lol: This is hilarious! Your new hubby thinks he owns 50% of your luxury handbag collection. What a guy! :whut:

Here's a family shot of my Chanels, including the newest addition!View attachment 3636031

I can see where all your moolahs are going!

You're definitely a big fan of the classics!

Quick question, how Long does it take for you to get to this?! I made a few mistakes in my life, selling & buying Chanels. Now I want to starting collecting them! (Or any luxe for that matter)

I'm so envious with all your collections!

Beige Claire was the best choice!!! So classy!

What a fabulous honeymoon!! You picked some gorgeous pieces for sure! The VAT refund rocks!!!
The VAT refund is the best!!! I was so panicked beforehand because I had read a lot of horror stories about how long the process would take and how confusing it would be, but it went super smoothly at the airport. I'm convinced I saved money by spending money. :P:P

Congrats on the wedding and all your wonderful haul!! The beige flap is beautiful! I think I would end up getting both the so black mini and beige flap Wouldn't be able to resist both gorgeous items!
I actually thought about it!! But I wasn't actually crazy about how the calfskin looked and I already have two dark minis, so I figured it would be a little repetitive (even though I do LOVE black hardware)... The mini would've been also been a great price though, almost $1000 cheaper than in the US!

Reactions: Lvoebagzcc