Chanel for when you're in a rush

I have the vintage ligne, but it doesn't work well for what you want. The best bag I have found is the modern chain. I have the big one in grey and I LOVE IT. It fits everything for me and my daughter. Its similar to the cabas, but I liked it better. I really want a black one as well. Brendan @ Chanel NYC 57th St. had a black cabas last week, you could try him. As I said though, the modern chain is a similar bag to the cabas and it is distressed to, so its low maintenance, its also lined in leather not fabric like the cabas, so its really easy to maintain. I really suggest one. If Chanel can't find one, Saks is still getting them in... you could try them!!

I have the vintage ligne, but it doesn't work well for what you want. The best bag I have found is the modern chain. I have the big one in grey and I LOVE IT. It fits everything for me and my daughter. Its similar to the cabas, but I liked it better. I really want a black one as well. Brendan @ Chanel NYC 57th St. had a black cabas last week, you could try him. As I said though, the modern chain is a similar bag to the cabas and it is distressed to, so its low maintenance, its also lined in leather not fabric like the cabas, so its really easy to maintain. I really suggest one. If Chanel can't find one, Saks is still getting them in... you could try them!!

thanks ladies!

Jap - do you find the chain on the MC too heavy? i was looking at this bag as an option when i was searching the forum for an alternative and saw a red one, but wasn't sure about the chain being too heavy. how much does it retail for?

also golden - thanks! how much did your cloudy bundle go for?

i'm in ny as well so hopefully there will be somewhere i can get what i'm looking for... i just need low maintainence but long lasting and stylish. not too demanding right?

thanks ladies!

i'm in ny as well so hopefully there will be somewhere i can get what i'm looking for... i just need low maintainence but long lasting and stylish. not too demanding right?

Style is A33458. For 2295.

Good luck hunting and please let us know what you end up with! You can't go wrong with any Chanel you might choose.

Hello. I have the Chanel Cabas in black Caviar leather and I love it!! It's not a "high maintanence" bag meaning it is made of a distressed black leather and can handle the wear and tear. You won't have to worry about ruining it. It is an everyday kind of leather. That said, I get a lot of comments about how awesome this bag is!!! We can't sacrifice the fashion now can we? Fits a LOT of stuff!! Even all of the baby items. It almost a large hobo and not structured, like some of the other chanel bags. Definitely a great bag!!!! Hope that helps. :yes:

Agreed!

thanks ladies!

Jap - do you find the chain on the MC too heavy? i was looking at this bag as an option when i was searching the forum for an alternative and saw a red one, but wasn't sure about the chain being too heavy. how much does it retail for?

Its not too heavy at all, I LOVE it. It was about 2300... I've gotten so many compliments on it and its stylish. The grey is a great color b/c it goes w/ black and has brown undertones, so it goes with browns too. I really can't say enough good things about this. Before I got this I wasn't using any of my Chanels, I was using a Balenciaga day in Rouge VIF as my everyday bag, but I've switched to this one. I also had the Cloudy Bundle in the N/S in white (which is light beige) b/c it is similar to the day, but I just felt it was too fragile for a lifestyle that involves children and I have also found that with deeper bags, including the day, that things get lost/buried b/c of the depth of the bags.... I can find everything in the Modern Chain and I LOVE that!!

golden - your bag is beautiful. do you know if it comes in any other colors? i like the subtleness of it. how is it that chanel is able to make black bags so much more exciting than other designers?

i'm on the hunt now, and of course will let you know which bag i end up with.

I got the black one from BG. I didn't ask Alla about other colors because I was only interested in the black one. SAKS buy sheet indicated they were getting that style in the white (which really isn't white). You've so many great totes to choose from!! How fun.

I agree with you! I called 1800 today, and the SA just told me it is sold out everywhere and rush to hang up the phone, she didn't even finish the last sentance....

I was quite disappointed with the SA.

i called the 800# and the SA said the coco cabas is not being sold anymore. she didn't even help me find out what stores had them left. is it true that there's none left?

is there anything similar to the hobo style of the cabas? b/c the SA said there wasn't, and she didn't give any advice of getting something else. um, aren't SAs supposed to help?